We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
A Graphic Designer?
Not me!  Perhaps you've noticed the new look around here (how could you not?  Like Alabama weather, I've gone from winter to spring in one day!).  With the start of Daylight Savings Time, and the sudden 80-degree weather, I got Spring Fever and decided that I needed a new look around here.

I'll be the first to admit that I am not a graphic designer by any stretch.  But I've been trying my hand at using Adobe CS3 and have had a fun time with it (specifically, Illustrator...and with my new Wac0m tablet - that I purchased dirt cheap, it's been especially fun).  I should say that I'm a little proud of that header up there...even though it's nothing to really write home about.  See, it's made from scratch.  Except for the little bee, I made it all...all by myself.  It's taken me more than a week to get it just right.  And while it's a small accomplishment, it's an accomplishment nonetheless.

So...with that, I say Happy Spring!!

  
14 Comments:
Blogger Nancy said...
Very cute design!

Blogger Maggie Vink said...
You did a great job!

Blogger Laura S said...
I like it! Where did you get a good deal on a tablet? And how do you like it? I've been thinking about getting one too.

Blogger Melissa said...
Thanks, guys! Laura, I was one of the vultures who descended upon Circuit City as they were going out of business. Really, that's what I felt like...but I got a very good deal on the tablet. How do I like it? I don't think the word "like" has any place in that sentence...I LOVE it. Adore it, even!

Blogger Becky and Keith said...
Love it!! Very creative! :-)

Blogger Elle said...
Nice job.

I'm on my second tablet since my first met an early demise at the hand of a glass of port. I upgraded to the Bamboo (bigger), but I still only draw on a small section of it since I have 2 monitors. Man it took me weeks to get used to having that pen.

Blogger Unknown said...
I recognize that Bee!! Awesome - I LOVE your designs!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Very cute and clever but Illya's picture should have been in one of the little white clouds. I enjoy your blogs.

Blogger Lindsay said...
Happy Spring - nice to know it arrived somewhere in the world!

And I love the header.

Blogger kate said...
I love it!

Um, what, exactly is a tablet?

Blogger Melissa said...
Kate - thanks! A tablet is a piece of hardware that plugs into a USB port on your computer. You can use it to draw, write, etc. in programs like Photoshop. Mine came with a mouse and a pen, but I use the pen more...it's epecially useful in photo editing (it's WAY more precise than using a regular mouse). If you really want the technical details, you can go to www.wacom.com and see them for yourself! :)

Blogger Kim said...
Your blog is adorable! We are in TN and it is freezing rain today! Bring on spring!!!

Kim
www.prudhomme-family.blogspot.com

Blogger Carey and Norman said...
I love it!

LOVE IT!!!!!!