We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Thursday, March 05, 2009
Duuuuude....
If you are in the "almost or over 30 crowd," perhaps you remember the movie, Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, or some other movie like it. Remember the word, "dude," pronounced, "duuuuuude"? If you have no clue what I'm talking about, then surely you've seen Finding Nemo...in which case you would think about the sea turtles to get the idea.

Anyway, I'm just going to come out and say it. When we are being silly with Iliya, the word, "duuuuuuuuude" has escaped my lips. It's somewhat embarassing to admit that I say this word - even in jest - but you have to understand that Nathan and I are the type parents that, one day, Iliya will either think are pretty cool...or will want to stuff us in a sack and never let us see the light of day. Suffice it to say that we are goofy. I'm not so sure that's something to be proud of...but it is what it is.

So the word, "duuuuude" has been used in moments of silliness, when the silliness has gotten a little out of hand (duuuuude, no more tickling!)...or if he's got really crazy hair or something like that (duuuuuuude, you've got some wild popeye hair!). So far, Iliya just thinks it's funny that I say it. Nathan has told me that I probably don't need to say it so much - but I guess I say it without realizing it.

This evening, I had the opportunity to realize it.

Iliya and I were in the kitchen. He was sitting at the table, "coloring daddy a letter" (a carryover from when Nathan was gone). I was at the counter, chopping up chicken with my hand chopper, which was a bit raucous. Over the noise, I heard Iliya shouting at me, "DUUUUUUUUUUUDE! Stop that, it's too loud!"

Hmmmm....
3 Comments:
Blogger Unknown said...
DUUUUUUDE, that's is totally AWWWWSOME!! Thanks so much, I needed that chuckle! Love you and can't wait to see you tonight! Kristy

Blogger Carey and Norman said...
I love Iliyaisms. He comes up with the best sayings. I'm so glad you are writing all these down.

Blogger bstyles said...
That is great!! It is truly the little things that make raising children such a joy!