First, let me say "thank you" to all of you for your kind words and comments on my last post. It wasn't easy to write...I guess because I felt like I was reporting a bit of failure on my part to have done all I needed to do to help Iliya with this separation. The main thing that I try to do is validate his feelings...let him know that I understand he is sad, and that I have those feelings, as well. I make it a point (though I'm human and never 100% perfect) to respect him as he is experiencing particular things/phases/feelings...and NOT to brush his feelings under the proverbial rug. It's a tough balance. But such is parenthood.
So thank you...I really do appreciate all of you!
Now... on to the post at hand.
--------
Almost every morning, when Iliya wakes up, his hair looks like a family of rats has nested in it the night before. It's quite funny - and the longer his hair, the crazier it looks in the mornings. When we are not pressed for time in the mornings, we'll stop and examine the craziness and laugh about it for a few minutes.
A couple weeks ago, when he had a particularly amusing case of bed head, Iliya told me he had "popeye hair." I have absolutely no clue where that came from...perhaps someone at his school has told him that he has (this is silly, but the best I can think of) "popup" hair when he wakes up from his nap. I know that no one around here has ever called it anything resembling "popeye hair." Then again, he might've just made it up.
Who knows?
But he's become (in a silly way) concerned about it - and in the absence of a mirror, will often cut his eyes up to his bangs and search for his "popeye hair." Today, he was searching so hard that his eyes crossed...and I caught him doing this on video. Of course, then we egged him on a little bit...and I'm sure payback will be tenfold for posting this sort of stuff for the world to see. But I think you'll agree with me - it's pretty funny.
And there's a little part where he gets kinda loud...so consider yourself warned. :)
LOVE it!
I think that is one of the funniest video's I have seen. You need to think about sending it in to "America's funniest videos". Now that is funny and too cute. I was laughing so hard my hubby got up and came out to see what was wrong. Then he laughed and said he was a little clown.
Carolyn
from Sunny Florida
Love, Nana & Papa