I have decided that one of the fun things about this blog – in the coming months – is going to be that I can share with you some of the funny things Iliya says and does. With every day, it is more and more apparent that this little boy of mine has thoughts and a mind of his own. He’s no longer
repeating EVERYTHING we say (though he still does that to an extent)…he’s saying things of his own accord. And the things he says never cease to amaze – or amuse – me!
It seems that every day brings a new "something" I've never heard him say before. As these come up, I want to be sure to share them with you.
One of the funniest things he has started saying is, “I love (insert something here).” For example, last Saturday night (and this is the first he’s said anything like this), he was eating a sloppy joe that I’d put pickles on…and he was drinking a bubbly water. All the sudden, he said, “I LOOOOVE pickles!!” Of course, I laughed. And then he took a big gulp of his bubbly water (yeah, he drinks club soda) and said, “ooh! I LOOOOVE bubbly water!!” He also informed me LOVES shrimp and he also LOVES butter (mayonnaise).
One more sidenote… as we were sitting at the table last Saturday night, I was making a quick list of what things to blog about, I was mumbling to myself and I said, “Let’s see…Iliya woke up at about….” and he interjected “FOUR O’CLOCK!!” (the kid listens, and is able to participate, even when I don’t realize it! - by the way, he didn’t wake up at 4:00; I guess that's just the only time he knows to say).
He just doesn’t miss a beat! Oh, what fun!
(OH! that just took me back to our days in Huntsville. there was a small place called po-boys that had the BEST shrimp po-boys and bread pudding. I want to take a road trip now!!! like NOW, not in an hour or two, or next week, but NOW!) :)