We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Thursday, December 18, 2008
a Backwards Shirt kind of week
Yesterday afternoon, I realized that this week just wasn't going like I had hoped it would (it was a Wednesday, though, and I think I have blogged about how Wednesdays are just not always the best days for me). By the end of the day, I wanted to ask what else could go crazy, but I was afraid to...for fear of tempting fate.

This morning was a fairly good morning. Iliya woke up in a good mood, we found my sister's jingle bell necklace (that Iliya had put in such a special place that we couldn't locate it - read: hidden it), I dropped Iliya off at school with relatively little resistance, and I made it to work with several minutes to spare.

Nothing major happened, but I still had that "blah" feeling (okay, so I'll be honest & say that I'm a bit hormonal right now, too, just in time for the holidays!) leftover from yesterday. After I'd been at work for almost 2 hours, I went into a co-worker's office to help her with a computer issue, and I realized that my shirt felt really tight around my neck. It is one of those 'gap' knit shirts & just didn't feel right this morning.

That's when I realized that I'd gone around the entire morning with my shirt on backwards. That's right, I have no shame. I'd put my shirt on backwards & didn't realize it for several hours.

And that's how my week has been. Not a bad week...just one of those "backwards shirt" kind of weeks.
8 Comments:
Blogger Bearcub Mama said...
Ugh! We've all got those weeks for sure. But that means that NEXT week will be much better....just in time for Christmas, too!

If I don't write before then...Merry Christmas to you and your whole family!! Won't it be fun this year for our boys?!?!? :) I'm excited!

Blogger Cori said...
I'm having one of those weeks myself.

Blogger Carey and Norman said...
I think the dreary weather here has made it harder to be bubbly and bright each day. Glad I'm not the only one who has those days/weeks.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Hey Nathan & Melissa, hope all is getting much better for you by now.

I just wanted to drop in and tell you that we were in No. Alabama for a week with Aunt Nancy and Uncle Buddy. We had the best time. I think we shelled out somewhere around 5 gallon bags of pecans. It was really fun visiting with our extended family. I so love all of them. Can't get over how grown all the kids are now. I heard a lot about Iliya and how much they all love him. Was there also when Kristy went to the hospital to have the baby. We did lots of praying that week too. Glad all is well with the baby.

I'll close for now. The baby is beautiful and I like her name.

God Bless each of you and you have a wonderful Christmas.

Earl & Carolyn Nelson
Sunshine Florida

Blogger Unknown said...
Earl and Carolyn - Thanks for the prayers! We deeply appreciate so many people lifting our little girl up to the Lord!! She's better now - well, the jaundice is almost gone and her weight is going up. Unfortunately, we are dealing with reflux now. Bless her heart! It's really pitiful. But, all in all, we are very blessed!! She's a wonderful girl like her big sister!

Issy - better this week than next!! Hope things are looking up for you now that the weekend is here and the holidays are almost upon us!

love, Kristy

Blogger Jane said...
oh how I can relate.

Blogger Jane said...
Happy Anniversary!

Blogger Lindsay said...
Can certainly identify with that - I just drove across Europe with mis-matched socks on! Never noticed till bed time. Oops!