
I just wanted to post really quickly to let you know I am an Aunt x 2, now. Actually, as of yesterday morning...but I didn't get a chance to post yesterday. My new niece - Natalie's sister - is Tabitha. I've not seen her yet...we're planning to hit the road for a visit in just a little while. I've heard she's really cute, and I'm looking forward to seeing her in person. :)
This picture is of Nat admiring her new baby sister.
I'd like to take a quick moment to ask you to pray on her (and her parents') behalf. Yesterday, not terribly long after she was born, a small portion of her right lung collapsed, and the doctors & nurses have been working to get it reinflated (so far, so good). She's been in NICU, and the only person that has been able to hold her since she was born was her daddy, when he briefly presented her to the family waiting outside the OR (she was born via c-section). She's also having a few digestion problems - they don't think it's too serious, but will keep an eye on it....and it's now looking like she'll now also have to stay in the hospital a few extra days. So...her parents (and we all) know she's being taken care of, and will be just fine...but in the meantime, it's hard on them not to be able to feed or hold her. If you have a moment to say a prayer for her quick recovery, I know she and her parents and (very-antsy-to-hold-her) big sister would definitely appreciate it!