We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Thursday, December 04, 2008
What's Goin' On?
So if you haven't figured it out right now (or if I haven't said it nearly enough lately), life is crazy busy at Casa de Bridges. I want to share everything that's been going on, and every sweet (and/or irritating) thing that Iliya does, but it seems that the last thing I want to do, after working all day & into the evening is sit down at the computer & write. Well, I shouldn't say that I don't want to write, because I do...it's just that writing is so......time consuming (especially when you are me, and feel compelled to give every small detail of every moment of life).

So I'm going to have to forego my aforementoned compulsion and just try to catch up. I'll use the next few posts to tell you a little bit about our trip to the zoo, Thanksgiving, Christmas tree hunt, new jobs, house stuff, dogs, plans for Christmas...

And I usually like to edit snapshots to make sure they look decent before I post them, but methinks you will be getting the raw, unedited versions (if you get any at all! ha!)

My goal is to be caught up before my brand-new niece makes her grand entrance into the world next Thursday. Because we'll be going to see her (and her family, of course :)) next weekend, and I'll have to have plenty of space to tell you all about how cute she is.

For now, I want to just tell you about 2 things I'd mentioned a couple posts ago -

  1. Iliya's fascination/fear of women with white hair. I have no idea where this came from, except to think that he associates white hair with Santa Claus. And he loves him some Santa...except to think that the jolly old man might come anywhere near him or his house. So I think that the fear comes from that association. It was pretty embarrassing, though, a few weekends ago, when he wouldn't go near either of his great grandmothers he saw that weekend. When either of them would approach him, he would cling to me and cry - it seemed to come out of nowhere. But then, my mom asked him where his Mamaw lives, and he said, "North Pole." Ahhh...makes sense. But over Thanksgiving, he had to warm up to his great grandmothers...but after the warming up was accomplished, he was fine. Funny how little ones' minds work!


  2. Potty training is something that is coming along slowly but surely. We're not rushing it, though. To be completely honest, potty training comes with its own pitfalls...like, emergency pitstops on the road...or having to go really bad right as a meal starts. So yeah, diapers may be expensive & all, but they sure are convenient, and I'm going to miss that convenience in a way. Some days, Iliya will stay dry most of the day, and other days, he acts like he's never even looked at a potty. So he's till very inconsistent, but nothing I can't live with at the moment. And yes, we have pullups for the kiddo. They do provide a level of independence that he needs - and he loves to be able to pull down/up his own pants. He sleeps in diapers at night, because for the nights that he doesn't stay dry all night, he still needs the absorbency of a diaper.

So there you go. Stay tuned for more tidbits coming your way soon!

4 Comments:
Blogger Carey and Norman said...
I thought the same about going to big boy pants. It makes travel and trips to the store more difficult. Especially when the story has a dirty potty.

Looking forward to some more photos soon.

Blogger Unknown said...
You know, I think you're niece is already beautiful, too!!! Glad I'm not the only one ;)

Can't wait to see you guys next weekend! love you! Kristy

Santa coming down your chimney still stirs memories of the freaked out feelings I expereinced while reading your home invasion blog. I still hurt from how hard I laughed at the end though. That was so crazy. For Natalie it was the Kraft Mac and Cheese noodle guy at the state fair. She freaked and wanted nothing to do with him! Dmitry seems to get the dress up thing. Of course he is way too into wearing the girls shoes and dress up accesories too. I'm hoping this is normal and healthy for a younger brother of two sisters. Still, it makes me want to adopt one more to give him some male back-up.

Blogger Sira said...
Mine came potty trained- I was lucky. The white haired thing is pretty funny though