So what have we been up to lately? Let's see if I can remember it all...
- Last Wednesday, I left on an airplane, headed to Dallas for a work conference - had a fabulous, and very busy, time while Nathan and Iliya stayed home and did the "daily grind" thing
- Our friend who is housesitting for us made plans to stay at our house through the weekend, and the following is why...
- Late Friday night, Nathan & Iliya came through Birmingham to pick me up from the airport
- From the airport, we headed to North Alabama for a quick trip to visit family and to attend Nathan's cousin's wedding. We made it to my parents' house around 10:45 p.m.
- Saturday morning was a pretty low key day, until Iliya's nap - when I remembered that I'd failed to bring him any dress clothes for the wedding (living out of a suitcase definitely has its downfalls)...so during naptime, Nathan and I ran some errands and after hitting 4 different stores in my small hometown, I had assembled an outfit for Iliya to wear to the wedding. If I didn't have one before, I have definitely formed an opinion on the lack of boys clothes/shoes vs. the abundance of both clothes & shoes available for girls in any given store. Absolutely not fair. But that's another post for another day, I suppose. Moving on...
- Loaded up in the car around 1:30 to head to Nathan's cousin's wedding. I was helping with pre-wedding pictures while Nathan & his mom corralled Iliya until 5:00. The wedding was beautiful and our enjoyment of the festivities was hindered only by the fact that we had tired & cranky child in tow. But we made it through, and Chris & Christen are happily married nonetheless! We had a great time visiting with family. Pictures will follow if I ever get the time to edit them. :)
- Made it back to my parents' house around 8:00 Saturday evening.
- Nathan got up and left about 5:30 Sunday morning, headed to Birmingham for Drill. Iliya and I went to church with my parents.
- As soon as church was overwith, we ran back home and I packed my car. Went to my aunt's house for lunch and a quick visit
- Finished packing up the car and headed back home, with my parents in tow (my dad had to come down with us so he could fix some appliance of my brother's), for an almost 4 hour trip
- Nathan got off work and was about a half hour behind us, once we came through Birmingham.
- Arrived in Montgomery and swapped cars with my parents. Then we ate dinner with my sister's future inlaws to celebrate future BIL's birthday.
- Got back "home" and overstimulated the child a little longer...and then it was time to CRASH.
- Today, Nathan and I went to work while Iliya hung out with my parents instead of going school.
- Tonight, my parents will go home
- Tomorrow, Nathan, Iliya, and I will all be off work/school, and might actually find time to relax and maybe go to the park...maybe we can even find a parade (Nathan was supposed to be in a parade but his involvement got cancelled, so we can mark that off of our "running around" list).
Don't you wish you could be me? :)
Stay tuned for my future posts: potty training, thoughts about having a second child, & how my child now seems to be afraid of all older women with white hair
Can't wait to hear why Iliya is afraid of women with white hair. I hope you get some time to relax soon!
Joy
CAN'T wait to hear your thoughts/posts about the second child. Been praying in this area!
Also...with all the running, how are you doing with the WW progress?