We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Wednesday, November 05, 2008
Cousin Natalie's Birthday
Iliya has gone from calling Natalie "Nat Nat" to "Naaaweee" - it is hilarious to hear, and an indication of his ever-improving enunciation.  

And several weeks behind (though better late than never, I suppose?) I would like to wish Natalie a Happy Birthday!!  She turned 9 years old - hard to believe so much time has passed; I remember the day she was born (and the car trouble we had on our way to see her for the first time) like it was yesterday.  

Iliya remembers her 9th birthday like it was yesterday - every time he sees a cake or balloons, he reminds us about Natalie's birthday party...singing Happy Birthday...blowing out candles...and that his birthday is coming up soon!

Here are some pictures from her party...a little late, but fun to look at, nonetheless... :)

The Birthday Girl

The cake!


Ohhhh.....how I want some cake!!

Alright....get to blowing out the candles, girlie!


Good job!



Not good enough...maybe you need some help! :)



Displaying the proper use of "watching hands"



And enjoying the cake & ice cream

Where's Iliya?  Of course he's not with the rest of the group...he's marching to the beat of his own drummer... :)

2 Comments:
Blogger Unknown said...
OH, those are awesome! Nat had such a good time. I'm glad that the sweet boy did, too. I think, other than the first picture of Natalie, my favorite is the "waiting hands" picture!! You can almost see him singing "Anticipation" in his little head - ha!

Blogger Carey and Norman said...
Happy Birthday Natalie!

Loved the photos of anticipation. Loved the ball photo too from the previous post. Glad you captured that look....kinda reminds me of John from Days of our Lives. Ha.