I just have to tell you how much I love you.
Three years ago was a special day...but at the time, your father and I just figured it was special because it was the day of the annual Cunningham Christmas tree hunt. Afterall, hunting for a tree only comes once a year! As we dressed for the cool mountain weather, made our way through rows of Christmas trees, and eventually decorated the chosen tree...we had no clue how extraordinarily important that day really, truly was.
Because in a port town on the other side of the earth, you - the tiny newborn who would become our son - made your grand entrance into the world.
And on that day, we thought the day was special because of a Christmas tree. How little we really knew!
It would be 15 months of decisions and paperwork before we even knew your name or saw your face...but on that day three years ago, you were born into our hearts.
And today, on your third birthday, I look at you with amazement. You are talking up a storm - telling us about the world through your eyes (mostly, right now, about Santa Claus, who consumes much of your conscious thought) and using the potty, most days, like a big boy. You absolutely love singing...you think with that growing brain of yours and you never cease to amaze us what what you do and say. You have a very special history and have done things and gone places in your short three years that many people never get to in their lifetime!
So with many thankful prayers for these first three years - and for the true blessing of you in our life - I say even more prayers for the years to come.
I hope you have a tremendously happy birthday with the knowledge that I always have - and always will - love you more than life itself.
Love,
Mommy
Happy 3rd Birthday, Iliya!!!
You are so special to all of us!! I'm looking forward to the day when you can look back and won't believe that you were ever afraid of Santa!!!
Love,
Sis
And best wishes to mommy. After 3 you'll never be the same.
Happy Birthday to You!
Happy Birthday dear Iliya!
Happy Birthday to YOU!
time sure is flying!
We are so excited about having some "happy birthday to you" cake and balloons & lots of fun to celebrate your very special birthday!
Much love, hugs & kisses!!!
granmom & grandad
How quickly time goes by once our little ones are home. Before we know it, they'll be graduating from high school and we'll all feel like it was yesterday we were in Vlad picking them up!!
Happy Birthday Iliya!
Happy Birthday Little Man!
We can't wait to spend lot's of time with all of you this week(end)! Have a safe trip up!
Love,
Andrea
I hope your day was filled with birthday fun my sweet, Ilushka! I sure do love you.
Daddy (Nathan)
Much love, Nana & Popa
Joy