We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Christmas Light Extravaganza
This year, the Christmas season has been SO fun.  Iliya is incredibly interested in all things Christmas - Santa Claus (though he still insists that Santa is NOT coming to his house), Christmas lights, movies (favorites:  Rudolph, Frosty, and Polar Express), songs (no favorites, here...he loves all of them).  You name it, if it has to do with Christmas, Iliya takes it in and loves every minute of it.  If we're in the car, his radar is up for decorations, and the nanosecond he sees them, we hear (very loudly), "CHRIMMALIECHRIMMALIECHRIMMALIE, mama, CHRIMMALIE!"  (if you didn't get it, he shouts, "Christmas Lights")

And we have to acknowledge it, or else he'll just keep shouting.  

Imagine his pleasure, then, when we went to see this house last weekend.  And this picture doesn't capture it all...I would've needed a wide-angle lens.  So if you can imagine it, picture this photograph extended a good bit on either side.  It could be the gaudiest thing ever...and I'm not sure how these people pay their power bill...but to my child, it was an exciting Christmas wonderland.  


Photobucket
6 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
I think one beaming little face makes it all worth it. I'd do the same with my home if I could watch all the excited faces.

Blogger Carey and Norman said...
Love it. These houses make our children's Christmas's special. We have one near our house that puts up over 100 inflatables. They even have Santa dressed up on weekends handing out candy canes to the children who drive by (with their parents of course).

I'll have to take a picture.

Blogger Unknown said...
I love the lights, too. Some of us never out grow the need for some Christmas cheese!!

Thanks for the notes about Tabitha and all the thoughts and prayers! We really appreciate so many people lifting up our little girl in prayer. love, Kristy

Blogger Jane said...
so Iliya's life is now complete?!? LOVE looking at life through the eyes of kiddos. thanks for sharing....it helps!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Melissa, I see doing pet portraits in your future!! These are BEAUTIFUL!! The one of Gracie is absolutely priceless with her expressive eyes and her head lying on her feet. So great!! Hope all is well with you. :) Miss you lots! ~Cindi

Blogger lisa-rie said...
Girl, where was this?? Wed after church we went to see some lights. Right down the road, about two streets down on the left, a house had like 70,000 lights and a RADIO station that told a story and played music in sync with the lights! you should take Iliya if ya'll are iin town Sunday night.