We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Friday, January 23, 2009
Friday Funny
This past weekend, we had gone to the store, and Iliya was DYING to have some blueberry cereal. It was hard to find, and I finally found one box of "grown up" type cereal - the kind of stuff I would've hated as a kid. I wasn't sure if he would really like it (sidenote: he does) but I figured if he would rather have stuff like that, over the sugary stuff I loved as a kid...I should probably go with it.

So on our way home, we were talking, and here is an excerpt from our conversation:

Me: Oh, Iliya...do you remember?? We got you some blueberry cereal!
Iliya: Yeah!!
Me: Do you just LOVE blueberry cereal??
Iliya: Mmm...hmmm!!
Me: Do you know WHAT?
Iliya: What?
Me: Blueberry cereal loves you, too!!
Iliya: (looking at me as if I had grown 4 heads) Mama, blueberry cereal no talk!
5 Comments:
Blogger Unknown said...
Ohhhh, that's awesome! Takes after his cousin Natalie. I remember the first time we walked with Natalie and Pap down to see the catfish. I said something to the effect of "Oh those fish are saying 'Thank you! Thank you, Natalie! That bread is YUMMY!'" to which she gave me the same said "grown four heads" look and said, "Fish don't talk." Nothing like being put in your place by a 3-year-old is there??

Can't wait to see you guys!!

That's cute! He is a smart boy!

Blogger Carey and Norman said...
Kids say the cutest things!!

Blogger Lindsay said...
Smart cookie! :)

Yeah mom! Jeez!