We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Thursday, January 22, 2009
"Why?"
Until recently, I've been spared. Iliya has not "gotten" the "why?" question. His understanding seems to have evolved recently, though (and I'm a bit concerned, because I fear he's about to turn the question around on me)...and here's a quick rundown of that evolution:

2+ months ago:

Me: Why do you eat so many fruit snacks?
Iliya: Yes!
Me: Why?
Iliya: Yes!
Me: Why?
Iliya: Yes!
_____________________
2+ days ago:

Me: Why do you eat so many fruit snacks?
Iliya: Yes!
Me: Why?
Iliya: (nodding head) UH HUH!
Me: But...Why?
Iliya: 'Coz! (because)
_____________________

Yesterday:

Me: Why do you eat so many fruit snacks?
Iliya: Yes!
Me: I know you DO...but why?
Iliya: 'Coz!
Me: But...Wh-
Iliya: 'Coz I LOVE fruit snacks!
3 Comments:
Blogger Unknown said...
That's so awesome! Miss you!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I love fruit snacks too! I'm enjoying a package right now as I work; although if a little fella was here, I'd give him the whole package!
love & hugs,
granmom

Blogger Carey and Norman said...
Go Iliya! How cute!