We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Sunday, February 01, 2009
So much to say...
... and I've just not been up for it in the past week.  Life has been very hectic, and I have hardly had the time to breathe, let alone sit down to work on a post.

I feel like - after work every day, and taking care of a 3 year old at night - my brain just can't process in order to write a coherent sentence.  I do well to make it to the gym after Iliya goes to bed and then I go to bed, so that my brain has a little reprieve before the next day starts.

I've been very tempted to have a 'curtain call' and just call it quits...but I really don't want to do that; I want to keep the blog alive.  But at the rate I'm going, it's going to need some serious CPR soon!!

(Yes, yes, I realize I'm whining.  Guess we all have to do it sometime!)

I've got people wanting to see pictures, and do you know the last pictures I took?  I don't even know.  Maybe a week or 2 ago.  And if you know me well at all, you KNOW that's a testament to my lack of time (or really, my exhaustion).  And there are days that I wonder if there is anything else I can possibly write about; I'm not burned out, necessarily...but I've got writer's block, when it comes to thinking of something (other than just plain ole ordinary life) to write about.

So with that, I'm opening up the floor.  What do you want me to talk about?  Have you thought of a question (since the last time I did this) that you'd like me to answer?  It can be about anything.  Seriously.  Well, okay...anything but politics.  We all get enough politics in other places.

Oh!  In closing, I just thought of something I could share with you.  Weekend-before-last, we were able to get Iliya together with both of his first cousins, Natalie & Tabitha.  This was the first opportunity we've had to take a picture of all 3 kiddos together.  Iliya is really quite the ham, when it comes to taking photographs - and as usual, he was a little less than cooperative (but more cooperative than usual...if that makes sense).  He's such a sillynut...as you'll see in this series of pictures.


5 Comments:
Blogger Joy said...
The pictures are great. Melissa I remember when I first started to read your blog it was right after you came home. You were and are an inspiration to many who are becoming parents not only through adoption.

I like to hear about the funny things that he does but I also like to hear your point of view of what life is like with a toddler.

If I think of something more specific then I will let you know.
Joy

Blogger Laura S said...
Ya know...sometimes you just have to take a break. And thats ok. I need to update my blog too. And I have gotten so bad about taking pictures. Mostly I dread the editing of them so I don't take nearly enough of them.

I did have a revalation at Christmas. I bought a small digital camera for daycare. I drop it off on Monday, teacher keeps it locked up in her room all week and I pick it up on Friday. Download the photos for the week and repeat. Of course most aren't great, but I get a glimpse into his day and a handful of good photos a month. Not to mention great teacher presents (Valentines Card is an 8x10 with a border I added and text) and can make cds for the other parents from time to time. Makes up for a little of the guilt of not taking nearly enough photos.

Blogger kate said...
I love hearing Ilya stories. The last one, about him getting out of work, STILL cracks me up!

Blogger Jane said...
my favorite two are when he is looking down at the baby & when he is turned around with the shot of the back of his head.

question: tell us about your job! we have heard very little about your (not so new anymore) position.

soooo happy to hear that you are taking time to go to the gym. how's your downsizing going?

I can relate to this post. I hope you get a personal sabbath soon so you can recharge your batteries. I love the pic where Iilya's back is to the camera altogether. I think ya lost him at that point. ;)