We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Overheard at Lunch
Sorry I've not been a very good blogger lately.  Life has been incredibly hectic lately, with my trip to Texas (which was wonderful, by the way!) and other stuff going on.  But I promise to try to be better.  Before I forget, though, I have 2 things to share:

1.  Iliya has a new word, "doodoodeedee" that has evolved into what Nathan and I think might be an imaginary friend of sorts. We're not quite sure if it's an actual imaginary friend, but he looks out the window for "doodoodeedee" and has let him (it? her?) go down the bathtub drain.  More on that if we ever figure out exactly what's going on with this mystery word.  (*updated to say that Iliya just talked on his play phone, saying, "hello?  doodoodeedee?  mmmhm.  yeah.  bye bye."  You be the judge)

2.  On to the title of this post.  This afternoon, we were sitting at lunch and Iliya was being a tired pill.  A friend leaned across the table, and in an attempt to distract Iliya from his pillness, he asked:  "Hey Iliya, who do you think you will vote for in the upcoming election?"  To which Iliya replied, "Ho ho ho!"  Seems like a good choice to me! :)

Until later...
9 Comments:
Blogger Nathan said...
"Ka Cause" for President!

Blogger Jane said...
my mom is voting for Micky Mouse :)

Blogger Cori said...
YAY, I found your blog again. I've missed keeping up with you guys!

I agree, Santa would make a great candidate. ;)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Hi!

My name is Gillian and my husband and I are in the process of adopting from Russia- and by proceess, I mean we are just beginning. We have decided to blog about our experience- in an effort to answer inevitable questions universally and provide our friends and families with some insight into our experience. Our blog is http://whenwebecamethree.blogspot.com.

Would you mind if we linked your blog to ours? While you are waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy ahead of us, your unflinching look at your own experience helps us all understand that our experiences may be unique, but that we are not alone.

Thanks for your consideration,
Gillian

Blogger Carey and Norman said...
Love it....glad you are writing these things down!

I must say that at least Santa wouldn't need an impressive running mate to be worth a vote. :) Although, who wouldn't love Mrs. Claus?

Priceless! Santa Claus would be a terrific candidate! :o)

Blogger Over-Caffeinated said...
Santa might be a good compromise... he gives to everyone equally AND he uses totally fuel efficient travel! I like it! :)

I love love love the doodoodede thing. I once heard that imaginary friends are actually guardian angels who reveal themselves to "their" children. I like it so I chose to believe it! :)

And by the way, I think your photos of Artem are precious. I suggested to Susan that you and your family might get a free tour of America by staying at one adoptive household after another and taking photos all across the country. If you want to start in Nashville, we're game. And there are ALOT of us here! :)

Ondrea Harrison

Anonymous Anonymous said...
OK Melissa, we are having withdrawls. We need some updating here. I know there has been something good going on there.

My son, Jason, had an imaginary friend named Michael. He was a cross between Michael Jackson and Michael Jordan. He (Jason)would wear a mitten on his left hand and loved to play basketball. He kept Michael until he was at least 10 years old. Michael was a bad little boy and Michael would tell Jason what was a good Veggie to eat and what was not. I sent Michael home many a night so Jason would do what he was supposed to do.

Carolyn Nelson
Sunny Florida