We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
My Child...
  • drools when he concentrates
  • says "right there" 5-million times a day
  • says "mama" 5.2-million times a day
  • has a remarkably good memory
  • loves the color yellow
  • always chooses pajamas with yellow in them (even though he has some pretty cute pj's that we just can't convince him to wear because of the lack of yellow in them)
  • except for tonight.  he chose yellow pj's and then - after they were on - he cried for a different pair
  • thinks it's funny to pass gas, especially if it's loud
  • thinks it's funnier to say "poopoo" and "teetee" (do boys come programmed with this humor??)
  • gets down on his knees to look at bugs
  • loves to sing
  • loves fruit loops even more
  • could swing till the cows come home
  • has this really strange (albeit - finally fading) obsession with Santa Claus, the North Pole, reindeer, and all other things Christmas
  • has a fairly concrete idea of "big" and "small"
  • thinks his cousin Nat-Nat is pretty cool
  • begs for chocolate milk
  • really, really loves the word "no"
  • but is testing the waters on "yes." 
  • sometimes even remembers to say "yes ma'am"
  • eats pancakes like they're going out of style
  • especially when they are homemade with chocolate chips
  • has an acrobatic sleeping style
  • is fascinated with bubbles
  • runs to me when I pick him up at daycare
  • exhibits empathic behaviors
  • loves to visit both sets of his grandparents
  • sees a white car and automatically thinks his aunt Sarah is at the apartment complex we just passed
  • doesn't cry anymore when we take him to Sunday school
  • devours raw tomatoes and pickled okra
  • calls one of our cats "Mean Cat" and won't play with the cat.  won't even let the cat near his toys
  • wants to look at pictures of when he was "little" or "baby" Iliya
  • loves his collection of bouncy balls like some kids love their security blanket
  • repeats every. single. word. we say
Yeah, that's life with this child of mine.  He's every bit a part of our family.  Firmly planted in that famous two-year-old stage...frustrating at times, yet so lovable.  And I know I'm his mother - therefore, biased - but he is such a treasure and a light to anyone who knows him.  Life without him is practically unfathomable, now.  And how great a feeling that is!
8 Comments:
Blogger Unknown said...
I laughed out loud over some of these!! Refusing to wear anything but yellow...oh man, does that bring back memories of Natalie's "dresses that spin ONLY" phase. Loved this post!

Blogger Nathan said...
He's something else. Even runs to me when I pick him up now.

Blogger Laura S said...
That is great! Our son exhbits some of the same behaviors...I guess I should expect more as he gets closer to Iliya's age.:)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Well, his Nana loves him like crazy!! And it is so much fun to "Iliya sit"-you don't do a lot of sitting...mostly walking or running! Papa is missing "Little Man"!! We look forward to seeing yall this weekend when we get out of Florida.
Love, Nana & Papa

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I always love to hear him say (LA LA do it) or however one would spell his version (Iliya do it). Also if one does not just fall in Love with his Big Blue eyes, they must be blind
PaPa

Blogger Carey and Norman said...
Love the list. Too sweet. The pic of Iliya is great too!

Blogger Over-Caffeinated said...
Yes, boys do come programmed with that humor! I love this list... what a very cute post!

Ondrea Harrison

He sounds like he is developing quite a colorful personality. I agree about yellow. Great color! Passing gas and bathroom humor DO seem to accompany the male half of the universe. What do you do? Gotta love em'. That is great that he is feeling better about nursery at church too. Dima ASKED to go back there yesterday. I thought, "wow!" usually this is a subject of tears if we even ask him if he want to go play (when we are at church). Now he's asking to go play toys? So, we walk back there and he charges right in with the other kids and starts playing with a BIG fire engine toy. I watch a few minutes while talking with some of the other ladies and then hear the music in the sanctuary start and so I turn to walk out and leave him to play and he quickly manuevers behind me and pushed me back into the nursery. So cute! He wants his cake and eat it too like the rest of us I guess. I'm just enjoying this stage in life when they so badly want you around. I hear it doesn't last forever...