We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Friday, June 20, 2008
A Momentous Occasion
As you know, Iliya will be turning 3 in November. We haven't been rushing the potty-training scene, knowing that he would do it when he's ready. He's had an interest, but hasn't really done anything in the potty. Now, granted, he's told us, twice, that he needed to "poo poo potty"...and when he sits down, he pushes really hard, and then passes gas. He'll look back into the little toilet and say, "Poo poo? Where'd it go?"

Hey, I give him an A+ for effort!

And then this morning, I received this email from his teacher:

Hey,

Iliya just pooped in the potty!!!!!
He had a little poop in his diaper and said that he wanted to use the potty and he did!!!

Thought you might like to hear that.

Have a great day!


If you have (or have ever had) a toddler, or just know a toddler, you know this is a big deal! Also, it's probably something he will be embarrassed in 10 years, to know that I posted for the internet to read. But I can't help it, I'm a proud mama! :)

Good job, little boy, I'm proud of you! An A+ for effort, and an A++ for results!
12 Comments:
Blogger Jane said...
oh you lucky mommy! poopoo is typically the hardest for boys to accomplish.

YEAH Iliya!

Blogger Robin said...
That is awsome for him! Amanda is 3 and still wont poop in the potty. She is completly pee pee trained but flat out refuses to poop in the potty. This has been going on for 6 months now.

WOW!!!! I am so impressed. Owen is completely enamored with the potty, talking all about it, telling us all of the steps to go potty, clean up, flush, wash hands, etc, but is scared to death to sit on it!! Are you using a little potty or a seat on the big one for Iliya?

Blogger Lindsay said...
That first paragraph is classic! It's one of those things you will be able to unearth in years to come, when he is a teenager and embarass him with :)

Blogger Deb said...
That's great! Way to go Iliya!!

That is great! They grow up so fast, eh? Some of the stages are really sad to see go but not so much the "prying pancake poopie off of diaper buns" - stage; so way to go Iilya!

Blogger Susan said...
Go Iliya!! That was nice of his teacher to send you that message.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Impressive! But can we try to keep him in diapers just a tad longer...I like our kids as babies. I can't handle this growing up business!

Blogger Dede said...
Way to go Iilya! We celebrated the same thing with Liam on Friday. I guess that makes it a double doo-doo day! ;-)

Good job Iliya! What an exciting email for you to get at work! That is funny! :) It will make for a great story as he gets older! You should print the email and put it in his scrapbook! :)

Blogger Nathan said...
To answer Adrienne, Iliya has a small potty that he can use in his bathroom.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Hey Girlie! I SOOOOooooo hope I get this lucky with Jake! I would be proud too. :) Go Iliya! ~Cindi