I guess that the fact that I've been posting about once or twice a week is a testament to the level of our busy-ness. But I'm trying to get better about that...afterall, I have questions that still need to be answered from - what? - 2 weeks ago. I actually have been working on a couple of those...I just have a tendency to ramble when you get me started on a topic (who, me? Ramble?? Surely you jest!) So stay tuned this week for those posts.
For now, though, to keep you satisfied, I'll give you another quick rundown of our weekend.
My sister, Sarah, has made it into town for a month...she is taking a class at UA through the month of June, so she is staying at our house. This weekend was her "move in" weekend and her boyfriend, Brooks, came over from Montgomery to visit as well.
Friday night, we loaded up and went to the first of the annual "
Movie Under the Stars" showings. We randomly found out about this event...maybe 2 years ago...in fact, Nathan, I, and a group of friends were at the very first movie they ever showed in the park. A big screen is set up on a softball field and the community is invited to bring lawnchairs, food, bugspray, and stay for a movie. Friday night was
this movie. We grabbed some fast food and took Iliya. We set up shop, ate, and then let Iliya run around with some of the other children (with us on his heels, of course). He had a great time running around before the movie started and when it did start, he watched for a few minutes & then wanted to run around some more. I wasn't sure how he would do, but he ended up staying on (or very close to) the blanket we brought.
Here are a few pictures...
Saturday was a lazy day. We really didn't do a whole lot, except get some work done around the house. Saturday afternoon...despite the heat, Sarah & Brooks let me take some photos of them. It was definitely good practice for me, and I think I got some pretty good shots. If you want to see them, just
click here.
So...the weekend was fairly low-key. Which was really nice.
I promise, I'll post something with some real substance shortly...just hang with me!
The pics of Sarah & Brooks look so good...where did you take those? I reckon she made it off the tracks before the train rolled through :o)
Sarah called this morning & told me she heard the tennis shoe/sandal discussion you & Iliya had again this morning...so cute. We'll have to take him on a shoe shopping exursion soon -- it will be neat to see what he picks out.
love y'all,
granmom (mom-mom)
Keep meaning to ask this - what kind of camera & lenses are you using? I'm hoping to buy a new one later this year, and am leaning towards the Canon Rebel XTi (already like the XT, so at least I'd be buying a familiar product), but I'd be interested in knowing what you are using.