We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Thursday, May 08, 2008
Just for Fun
Yesterday, Iliya and I were playing outside on the front porch while we waited for Nathan to get home from work (it just struck me how stereotypically "Southern" that is). He started doing turning circles & saying something (a string of sounds, really) that I'd never heard him say before. I couldn't understand it, but he kept saying it over & over as he spun around. Finally I figured it out.

So this morning, I whipped out the video camera to show you.

13 Comments:
Blogger Jennifer said...
He is getting so big! I like the way he said "School"!! give our congrats to Nathan.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
It was cute when you were saying the rhyme, as he was turning in circles, and then you stopped & he looked at you instructing you to finish the remaining part of the rhyme. Then the next time, he just said the end part of the rhyme, because I imagine he was getting a little dizzy. Guess Grandad & I will have to practice our "ring-around-the-rosie" to get in shape so we don't "all-fall-down" & not get up again :o) As always, he's adorably precious!
hugs...la-lou
Granmom (& Grandad, too)

Blogger Dede said...
Liam started singing that song last week too. Maybe all the schools had it on their schedules at the same time. ;-)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I like how you say you're "fixin" to go somewhere. :o) My friend from TN says that too. It's priceless. :o)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
He is such a sweet little boy! How are chik-chik and bok-bok?

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Aww So cute!! He melts my heart and I love the end when he says he loves you!! You are doing such a great job you and Nathan should be very proud of your parenting skills!!

It sounded like he was saying 'egg roll' when he pointed off camera at the end of the song. I'm pretty sure he was just hungry for some chinese food. :) Dima has been coming up with some new ones lately that I have yet to figure out. One sounds like 'white' but I know that isn't it. He gets so adimate when he says it that I know I better figure it out soon. Dima doesn't make eye contact a lot of the time when he says ' I love you' too. It bothers me and I always stop him and say, "Mamas eyes. I love you Dmitry." Then I have him look in my eyes to say it again. I don't know why but I just feel like it is important b/c of the attatchment thing. Still, sometimes I feel like he is saying 'Lub you' out of fear. Almost as if he will be in trouble if he doesn't. Like when I make him repeat, "Da, mama" after I correct him (his Russian form of 'yes mom'). He does give spontaneous affection that is obviously from deep in his little heart but I still see little areas from before that are hanging on and it troubles me sometimes. I wonder when we will ever be 100% in the clear of all that 'before' stuff. Didn't mean to vent on your blog but something about watching Iilya in this video made me ready to 'talk' about these concerns where I had been keeping them to myself up to now.

Blogger Unknown said...
THAT BOY IS SO PRECIOUS!!!!!

I can't believe how BIG Iliya is!!!! Oh my gosh! He is so cute!

Blogger Ani said...
so, so cute!!!!!

Blogger Jane and Jim said...
Happy Mother's Day!!!

Blogger Kay B said...
He is so cute!

Hey, I learned something yesterday that you might be interested to know - or maybe you already know ... The new President of Russia - Medvedev (or something like that) - his son's name is Ilya! Ok, it's probably not that big of a deal, but I thought you might like to know that little tid-bit.

Blogger Christen L said...
Happy Mothers Day! Enjoy that cutie patootie of yours!