We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Thursday, April 24, 2008
I have a table in our living room that displays copies of old pictures - mostly of our grandparents and parents when they were children. It's a sort of family tree table and is very special to me.

Since most of the pictures are copies and the frames are not easily broken, I don't have a huge problem with Iliya looking at - and occasionally touching the pictures (though I do discourage picking the frames up, as a rule).

But yesterday, when we got home, I had gone into another room, and did not know that Iliya had stopped to look at the photographs. All the sudden I hear Iliya running out of the living room, saying, "Mama! Maaaa! Maaaaaaaaaaaa! Maaaaaaaaaa!" I ask what he's talking about - and he runs around the corner with <-- that picture in his hand, and says again, "Maaaa! Maaaaaa! Sheep!!"

And you know I had to call my grandmother to let her know that Iliya thought she had been dressed up as a lamb when she was a toddler. I can see it; can you?
4 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
I wonder if he thought of that because of the play he saw & all the children were dressed as characters??? I called Mamaw after reading this & she said that she really enjoyed talking to Iliya last night & commented on how smart he is & how remembers everything. She hopes he understands that her boo-boo is so much better...according to her & Sis, she had a great 2-week post-surgery visit with the cardio-surgeon...another of God's many blessings!

Can't wait to see you all next week!...
much love, mom/granmom

Blogger Maggie said...
Funny. I have a photo frame with pictures of each of my grandparents at roughly age 20. Slugger thinks my paternal grandfather looks like a vampire.

Blogger Becky and Keith said...
I was reading this at Alex's awards ceremony today and laughed out loud. Embarassing!! :-) Such a smart boy though - I see it though! :-)

Blogger Jane said...
I guess there could be worse animals to have in the family! I love this age, every day there's something new!

Glad to read (your mom's comment) that your mamaw is doing great!