We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Sunday, April 13, 2008
First Flowers
Got my first flowers today. Nathan was at Drill, and Iliya and I were out playing with some new sidewalk chalk I got for him. He had lost interest in the sidewalk chalk and wandered over to a patch of clover in the front yard. Next thing I knew I had the "bud" of a clover flower thrust in my face and Iliya said, "flowers, mama!" I thanked him profusely so he proceeded to pick me "more flowers"...the funny thing is that he would pick the clover flower, stem and all...and on his way to hand it to me, he would tear the flower from the stem and just give the bud to me.

He has always been a sweet & mostly cuddly child, but lately, his displays of affection have become stronger and way more spontaneous, which is really cool. He throws his arms around me and says, "maMama!" (which, I *think* is my mama) or "hug, mama!". He also has taken an interest in playing with my hair (should've cut it sooner! haha).

There are plenty of frustrations...his loudness at inappropriate times, his stubbornness, his two-year-old indecisiveness, his low patience levels, his never ceasing curiosity about all things with buttons. His behavior (in public) has been known to embarrass me to no end.

But at the end of the day, I know he's just a normal 2-year old with a normal mama who's worried that everyone is watching and critiquing. And I know this. He is mine and I am his. I have flower buds to prove it.
11 Comments:
Blogger Jane and Jim said...
What a little angel - you are so fortunate!

Blogger Christen L said...
That's so sweet.

Blogger Jane said...
you are very blessed to have flower buds....thanks for sharing your daily life.

Blogger Lindsay said...
Magical moments! Iliya is a sweetheart!

Blogger Nana Babs said...
That was the sweetest thing I've read lately!! He is such a sweetie pie! Can't wait til this weekend. And did you notice I did the blogger thing?! Don't know if it was by accident or not. You know how computer illiterate I am! Well, maybe not so much any more, huh?
Take care.
Love you all, Nana

Blogger Allison said...
Swoon....The sweetness is just overwhelming!

Little boys are the best aren't they? I like how he only wanted the prettiest part of the flower for his gift to you. So sweet.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Oh, how wonderfully sweet! The Lord has greatly blessed your family! And isn't is great the way that His blessings overflow to those nearby? So Great is our God! Hallelujah!
Blessings,
Pam Parker

Blogger Becky and Keith said...
Your flowers are so beautiful! Such a lucky mama!

He's such a sweet boy! That is very cute and something you will be able to always remember! It sounds like he is doing so well!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Just now as I read the part about your being embarrassed by something Iliya has done, it occurred to me that payback will come --- when he is in about the junior high years, he will be embarrassed no end by his mama (maybe by both parents). At any rate, my son went through a stage where he was embarrassed that he even had a mother (sometimes parents). Do you remember someone yelling, "Yea Band!!" and taking lots of photos? Funny how what goes around comes around.
Blessings,
Pam Parker