We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Sunday, March 30, 2008
Tagged!!
I guess she thought I needed to post...because it's been several days! I've been tossing around new-post thoughts lately, but just haven't gotten around to putting anything down. Anyway, I've been tagged by Adrienne ...so stay tuned to learn about the new child that's living in my house (okay, not a new-new child...just a new personality trait of the existing child).

For now, let me have fun with this tag.

The Rules Small Print:
1. Link to the person who tagged you
2. Post the rules.
3. Share six non-important habits/quirks about yourself.
4. Tag three other people.
5. Make sure the people you tagged know you did by commenting on what you did.


6 Non-important habits/quirks about me:

  1. I love to move. I hate packing, but I love arranging furniture, unpacking, and decorating. In our first 7 years of marriage, Nathan & I moved an average of once per year. We have been in our current house for right at 3 years and boy, do I have have I had the itch for a while. And I like my furniture arrangement, so there's not a lot I want to do by way of rearranging...if it weren't such a bad time to sell a house, I'd probably try to find a way to convince Nathan to let us put ours on the market.
  2. I am a nut about grammar and punctuation. Not as much on "fun" stuff like blogs, but especially with regard to pieces written for school or work. I love to use a thesaurus...and I take excruciating amounts of time editing. This is not to say that any of my work is perfect (by a long shot), but I've been known to edit a paragraph for an hour, just to make sure it is exactly the way I mean for it to read. (which is why I could never write for a living - I'd never put out enough content to make any money at it!! :))
  3. I can pinpoint the approximate date of almost any memory by thinking about my hairstyle at the time (whether I had bangs, long/short hair, etc.)
  4. Nathan says I have a quirky way of typing, and I do...but I just can't really explain it. Something about rubbing my fingers together as I type. I also do the same thing when I play piano...which is probably why I never got very good at playing the piano!!
  5. I absolutely cannot go out of the house in the morning without making my bed. (thanks, mom!)
  6. Ever read the "repeat as desired" direction on a shampoo bottle? Well, it seems that I may be the only person in the world who desires to repeat whenever I wash my hair. I was talking to some co-workers on Friday, and mentioned something about washing my hair twice, and you would have thought I had grown a second head, right there before their eyes! That may not be so quirky...but it's all I can think of right now. :)
And who shall I tag?

Becky,
AnneMarie,
and
Susan (if she has time :))


2 Comments:
Blogger Nathan said...
The typing thing is hilarious. I give Melissa such a hard time about it but it's one of the things that makes her my Sweet Melissa.

On certain days, I too repeat. That part of your post seemed like it would make a perfect story line for a Sienfeld episode. I can just see them all gathered over at Jerry's discussing the pros and cons of repeating. I can see Kramer enter (in his weird way) with his hair extra poofey and singing the praises of a repeat. I can hear Elaine say how she would go broke if she were to repeat with all her hair. When she says this, George stuffs his hands into his pockets, hangs his head, and tries to melt into the background. Jerry just sits there smirking and massaging his receding hairline.