We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Easter Weekend
Iliya did not lie to you. In fact, he sorta undershot his estimate of how many pictures I took this past weekend. Two-hundred-forty-five pictures. Did you get that? 245! Which brings me to a blogpost I will be doing someday soon. Just not today.

Instead of writing much of anything, I will simply share pictures with you, and treat you to a small amount of journaling (and, as usual, click on the picture to enlarge).

Enjoy!

Photobucket
The Easter Basket. Hand-painted ones around town cost upwards of $50. I just didn't have that sort of money this year, so I decided to take matters into my own hands (literally!). I paid $4 for this basket. I had the spraypaint & acrylics on hand. So really, this easter basket cost a mere fraction of what I would've paid in any stores! And, I did it ALLLL myself! (just kidding. My sister, Sarah, actually helped me out on the lettering - which, if you'll notice is most of the artwork. Her print is so way much better than mine.)


Photobucket
Somebody found mama's old (Girl Scout) Brownie Beanie!! We called him "little acorn head" - which is what he looks like!


Photobucket
And somebody had fun working on schoolwork the whole weekend. Only 3 more weeks till he's finished!

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Hunting eggs for the very first time, ever. He wanted to open every egg to see what was inside, before putting it in his basket. When he found a piece of chocolate, he would bite right into it without unwrapping it!

Photobucket
Learning to play ball with Uncle C.

Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
Hunting eggs that the Easter bunny left on Sunday morning. Notice the concentration!


Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
Some family pics on Sunday morning


Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
The easter outfit


Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
Hunting eggs at Mawmaw's house

Photobucket
in the middle of showing out. some random, loud yelling!

And that's all, folks!!
9 Comments:
Blogger Becky and Keith said...
Love, love, love the new blog look! Look at you getting all fancy in Photoshop! :-) You're going to have to meet me half way for a tutorial. Iliya, as always, is such a cutie! Glad you had a great Easter and were able to see the family!

Blogger Maggie said...
Looks like a wonderful holiday. And I second the first comment -- the new header looks beautiful.

Cute Cute Cute!! It looks like Iliya was having so much fun. I wish so much we had gotten someone to take a picture of the 3 of us together on Easter all dressed up. We didn't take our camera in church and didn't have any family in town on Sunday (they left Saturday) so it was just the 3 of us! I guess I could have used the tripod. Oh well....I got cute ones of Owen! I love the yelling picture--you've captured a stage you will never forget! I'm ready for this one to pass, how about you?

Blogger Lindsay said...
Love the new blog look. Iliya looks so cute! Happy Easter.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I love the new look SPRING look of your website, and I really enjoy reading your blog. I found it thru a friend is adopting from Russia and have been reading since just before you brough Iliya home. I have a 2 yr old (bio) who counts exactly, literally, like Iliya does! I also love your photography, is it all on Photoshop? Keep up the great work! Deb in MD

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Looks like the Bridges family had a wonderful Easter! Iliya looked so adorable...what a cutie he is. Also, your site looks great...you are very creative with it!

Blogger Nancy said...
Iliya looks like he's getting so tall!

First, you better get used to monogramming or should I say 'personlaizing' Iilya's stuff. You will never find that precious name on any premade store junk. I love the homemade basket! What a dumb thing to blow a bunch of $ on anyway. (my humble opinion) You looked gorgeous in your family Easter photo. We don't have leaves yet so it is so nice to see the spring lush around you all. Acorn head is very charming. I too was a Brownie (back when the Girls Scouts made yummy cookies - have you tasted them lately? Not the same at all!). That was such a digression I don't even know how to punctuate it correctly!? I bet Nate will be so glad to be done with school! I love the thing you did with that picture. What I really really love is how sweet and thoughtful that was of you to take time to do that without even being asked! You are a very special person! I will work on getting us all in a better more summery picture and send it to you to work your magic on WHENEVER you get time. I will be proud to have some of your very professional and creative work on my blog. We are all (except Dima) working on finishing off some Dreyer's strawberry ice cream right out of the tub. I better sign off and get over there for a few spoonfulls before they honk it all down! Have a great weekend! Alicia

Blogger Suz said...
It is so wonderful to see your family complete and I'm thrilled that you have had this joy of your first Easter as a Mama! Mother's day is next!!!!

Iliya is beautiful! He's grown so much but is still such a snuggly looking baby. Cherish these moments, they fly!!