We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
A Very Speedy Update
Iliya is still recuperating from his pneumonia. He has had a string of really bad nights (hence very little sleep for his exhausted parents) so we're really hoping for a good, restful night tonight. He is still wheezing, but his fever has broken and his appetite is slowly but surely coming back - so we've been told these are signs of recovering. We're going to try one more medicine to work on the wheezing, so by the end of Spring Break, he should be 100% again, and ready to rejoin his friends at preschool!

That's it for now...off to bed!
6 Comments:
Blogger Grammy of five said...
Now I understand, I hadn't read your blog when I saw you at the h today - you should have said, "Sis, read my blog!" We're just glad you caught it when you did and that his fever is broken and is getting better - As they say, hindsight is 20/20 - but we all do the best we can. You're a great mom and daughter!

Too bad time off from work couldn't of meant a little R&R but what a blessing that you could be the one to nurse him to health! Glad to hear he is improving.

Blogger Ronda said...
Sounds like you've had a tough go of it these last few days. I'm so glad to hear he's getting better. I'm sure you are taking wonderful care of him.

You are a braver woman than I. We had the same decision to make regarding our son. After our visit with the urologist I just couldn't do it. We decided against the surgery. Neither way is right or wrong but it is a very difficult decision when you know their histories. I think what you did took a certain amount of courage and I'm sure was difficult for your heart.

Hang in there. He'll be well soon.

Ronda

Oh Melissa. It's been rough, hasn't it? I am glad it sounds like he is getting better. The increase in his appetite is a good sign. Keep up your good work! I hope you are able to rest better tonight.

Hugs,
Adrienne

Blogger Becky and Keith said...
You poor thing!! And the poor little guy! I hope he gets to feeling better and you get some sleep!!

The pj's are from baby Gap. I got some gift cards at Dima's shower a few weeks back and was delighted to find such cute things to spend them on!