We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Saturday, March 01, 2008
March 1, 2008
In honor of Leap Year, I was going to post, but never actually got around to it. So I'll have to wait another 4 years for that opportunity to come around. Oh well. I did, however, take some video to share. In this video, you get my & Iliya's rendition of "Five Little Monkeys"...my sister taught it to Iliya (using the monkeys from a Barrel of Monkeys) and it has remained one of his favorite things to say/do. So in the first part of the video, you get several repetitions of the fingerplay, which goes like this:

One little monkey, hanging from a tree
Teasing Mr. Alligator, "You can't catch me!"
Along came Mr. Alligator, quiet as can be,
and snatched that monkey right outta that tree!

A bit violent? Sure. But fun! (by the way, you are supposed to start with 5 monkeys and one by one, they get eaten until you arrive at the verse you will hear me repeat several times on the video. oh well.)

You will also be treated to a tiny bit of parroting...some audio outtakes (at my expense, which tells you how tired I was, last night, when editing this video)...and singing "She Sailed Away" - complete with the (unprompted) actions.

So grab you a snack, sit back, and enjoy the show!



As usual, Click here, if the video doesn't work!
10 Comments:
Blogger Great Aunt Cheryl said...
that reminds me of us singing when we had supper the other night in the middle of wings...wonder if people enjoyed our concert?

makes me miss him more and more...

Loved the video...going to bed with a big grin on my face now. He's so sweet, Melissa :)

Blogger Becky and Keith said...
That child just makes me smile! You are such a good mama (and a good singer!) :-)

Blogger Carey and Norman said...
Love the video. Too cute. I also enjoyed going back and reading your post on Feb. 22nd concerning your referral. It is amazing how God truly does join us with the children that are meant to be ours forever!

Blogger Ani said...
Such a happy kid! Loved the video.

Blogger Jane and Jim said...
He's such a darling little man - Love it!

Blogger Robin said...
He is such a little cutie. The video was absolutly adorable.

I loved the video!!!! Iliya is adorable!!!! I also enjoyed the baby monitor story! It cracked me up, even though, I'm sure it was NOT funny at the time. I'm so happy to see that you are all doing so well!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Five little monkey's was one of Delainey's favorite songs at that age too. He is so freaking cute saying Can't catch me!!! I could just hug him and never let go!!! Tha baby monitor story is awesome!!!! I wish I could have been a fly on the wall. That same kind of thing has happen to us before, but in the middle of the night and you talk about freaking out!!! Shana

I like how his voice gets wheezy when he says, "Can't catch me!" I still think he is irresistable. You are doing such a good job with him. I really wish we lived closer. You just seem like you'd be so fun to hang out with. I think Dmitry and Iilya would be buddies. (and the mommies too)

I am now officially confused about the swunging and swanging and all. I need to go get the dictionary.