We went out of town this weekend - Nathan had Drill, so on Saturday, Iliya & I dropped Nathan off at the Guard base and then headed to North Alabama.
We had a fun & tiring Saturday - went to my little cousin's birthday party...got a little time in with my parents...put Iliya down for a nap at my parents' house and I went to spend a couple hours with my best-friend-from-way-back who just had a new baby...stayed with my sister last night (in her new apartment)...went to church with her this morning...visited Iliya's great-aunt & family...and came home.
Okay, that is the barebones version, but it's all I have the energy to type right now. Got in bed late - up early - so we got very little sleep and I am completely exhausted right now. On our way home today, we had barely gotten on the interstate when traffic went completely standstill....for an HOUR. Someone had flipped their SUV and had to be med-flighted out (I'm still praying that they are okay). Iliya got very cranky, because he didn't want to sit in his carseat if we were standing still, but he ended up being a trooper. I think, by the end of our trip home, I was WAY crankier & WAY less of a trooper than he was!!
On our way back through Birmingham, we stopped to picked Nathan up - only THAT didn't go exactly as planned. I was on autopilot, so instead of heading in the direction of Nathan, I didn't make the correct turn & ended up heading straight toward home. I had him on my mind, but my mind was also homeward bound.
But as they say...all's well that ends well.
Wow...there's so much to say, and I just can't get into typing any of it. So I guess I'll start wrapping up for now.
We met N's parents & grandmother for dinner on our way home this evening. Iliya was truly running on fumes...and when he's that tired, he gets SO silly. As you can imagine, he was hilarious at the dinner table. He fell asleep on the way home, so as soon as we got home, he went from carseat directly to bed.
There have been times when I've never been happier to see my house and bed. While today is not even in the top 5...it definitely ranks on up the scale!
And now I'm running on fumes...so I'm going to leave you with the most disjointed, pitiful post in the history of this blog.
I just didn't want anyone to worry because it's been a few days.
Good NIGHT!!
Unfortunately there was a fatality and 3 injuries from the wreck. K,J, and D got caught up in the traffic jam too with a screaming baby but made it home safely-just more tired and worn. It was a great weekend for us grandmothers and aunts though!
And I'm glad you remembered Nathan at one point!
love Sis
Well he's definitely a Combs then--the silliness when we're sleepy...
Between Kyle, Kaitlyn, Iliya and Drew I was TRULY in Aunt heaven!!! I'm so glad y'all came up! I got to sneak me some kisses on those sweet cheeks of our boy...
ps - I have fond memories of my family taking me to the Birmingham zoo when I was a little girl! I loved going there!
We love you all (beby nuches)!
grandad & granmom
Your prayers for the SUV people are an awesome thing. My daughters always remind me that we should pray whenever we hear sirens. Their Junior church teacher from several years ago told them that one time and it really stuck in their brains and made a lasting impression.