Thanks for all your comments on my last 2 posts. Sometimes I feel like a crazy lady...but it helps that you all don't really see me that way. (whew!)
I think I've mentioned coming home in the afternoons and playing with Iliya until Nathan gets home. I can't always do this, but it really helps when I've thought about our menu and actually
prepared something that is ready to cook as soon as Nathan gets home. Yesterday, it was grilled chicken that I had marinated ahead of time...so Iliya & I were able to hang out until time to throw the chicken on the grill.
The first order of business was to bundle up & take a stroll around the neighborhood in his wagon. He LOVES riding in that wagon - it was a gift from my co-workers, and has provided for some very special moments since we have been home. I didn't take the camera outside with us, because it would have been too difficult to pull and tape at the same time (though I guess I could've done it).
But once we came inside, I pulled out the video camera (I told my sister yesterday, that it would be SO much easier if my eyes had the capability of capturing footage - then I wouldn't have to rely on being at the "right place at the right time with camera in hand" to catch some of Iliya's best moments).
I put together some of my favorite clips from our afternoon fun - most of it is getting some of Iliya's personality...and the last 3 or 4 minutes is something that you ALL may enjoy, but probably only my family will truly appreciate - since we've been singing songs from the
Sing Along, Dance Along, Do Along tape since my youngest brother, Johnathan, was about Iliya's age.
This is a thrown together video, with only one or two caption frames, but I think it's pretty fun to watch, nonetheless.
Or...you can visit
THIS LINK in case embedding stops working again.
love you all,
mom (grandmom)
I love seeing your videos...how Iliya has grown and how he is thriving. And to hear the joy in your voice is just beautiful. What a blessing!
I have always thought it would be awesome to have a "head cam"....to be able to blink and have it take photos or video would be so awesome, we wouldn't miss a bit. But I guess that could be really dangerous with the crazy and incriminating things that go on in my life at times.
Have a good weekend!
I can't wait to let Paul see it...I think he was more excited about the DVD than the kids...
Hope to see y'all when I'm in T'town in Feb--
xoxoxoxoxox to the little man...
Love you all!!!
granddad & grandmom
By the way, I hope you got my email several weeks ago thanking you for the video information. I was not sure if the email ended up going through. I appreciate your advice and passed it on to my husband since he will be the expert on that kind of thing. However, you have me intrigued, and I may try to figure it out, too! :)