We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
The Sweetest Thing...
...is when you are cutting onions...tears pouring down your face...and your two year old comes up with concern on his face, saying "mama? mama?" The look on his face shows worry and he reaches for your hand. Your heart is so happy because his reaction to your tears says, "I love you" more than words can express for him right now.
8 Comments:
Blogger Jane said...
oh mama, what a wonderful son you have! You have done a great job at showing him love, he is now showing you love in ways that melt all our hearts!

Blogger Becky and Keith said...
Awwww.... that is so precious!

Blogger Robin said...
reading that brought tears to my eyes. I have had that happen and it is the most sweetest thing.

Blogger Nancy said...
That's so sweet!

Blogger Nathan said...
Even better, he comes over to me and looks up at me with the same concern on his face saying "Dada", grabs my hand, points to the back of his hand and says, "Mama, boo-boo". He then pulls me toward Mama saying over and over, "Mama, boo-boo, Mama, boo-boo."

He sure loves his Mama.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I told Iliya's grandad last night that it's time we relocate...just don't get to see him enough & see all the sweetness in person :o) It's kind of like when Melissa was little & we went to the mall...it never failed, most stores we passed by she wanted to go in, because she "needed" something from that store -- not "wanted", but "needed"...so we "need" to see the little fella more often!

That story warms my heart -- from both perspectives & the counting was so precious & the outdoor leaf fun, too!

Sure do Love you three!
granmom (& grandad, to-o-o-o-o!)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
:) Nothing to say. I just have a huge grin!

That is super sweet. Ya know if they can love you with streaked mascara, it is the real thing. I finally posted. I just couldn't get pictures to load. I'll try again tomorrow when I'm not so frustrated. Dima laughs at me when I cry (well it's only ever been fake crying... so, I guess I deserve to be laughed at.) I do get lots of kisses if he is getting caught doing something naughty though and feels the need to negotiate a lighter penalty. One kiss, and I instantly see the error of MY ways instead and he is off the hook. I really worry if I'll be able to do any kind of disciplining with such a handsome, charming little man at all. He melts all my defenses too easily!