We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Monday, April 21, 2008
On this date in history...
Click on the year if you want to read the post...

2006 - I walked down the hall and placed our future child on the waiting list for the UA Children's Program. Little did I know that our future child had actually been born almost 5 months earlier.

2007 - We had a very successful pancake breakfast as an adoption fundraiser. Planned & carried out by my SIL, Kristy...with the help of BIL Patrick, & Nana & Papa.

As I read over those 2 posts, I thought about life before Iliya came along. Nathan & I went along...every day, pretty much the same - fairly predictable - routine, fairly few bumps in the road. We had a lot of fun together, but overall...life was pretty easy. It's amazing how much has happened in the past 2 years, and how much things have changed. And how much richer - and definitely more interesting - our lives are, now that we are the parents of such a precious little person.

Simply amazing.
5 Comments:
Blogger Jane said...
In God's timing, change is so beautiful!

Blogger Lindsay said...
It's so true! I can't believe how much richer my life is now. It has a depth and beauty I did not even realise was missing from it before. Parenthood is such a blessing.

Blogger Ronda said...
What an amazing time it is for all of us. Ilya is getting so big. I love the park pictures. Let me know if you need another OshKosh run.

Ronda

Your post reminded me to do a 'history' post myself! This is the week (last year) that we went on Trip #1! That is certainly worth blogging about! I couldn't agree more about how 'worth it' our kids are. Nothing compares to being a parent.

Blogger Sira said...
Well said lady! So, when are you going to have another one???