I have no brain power today...I am physically and mentally drained, so I am not going to write a whole lot. I do, however, want to tell you what we did this past Saturday.
We were joined in Montgomery by Nathan's parents, grandmother, sister, brother-in-law, niece, and my parents, 2 brothers, aunt & uncle...for the purpose of witnessing Nathan walk across the stage to receive his Master’s in Criminal Justice.
This has been a LONG year for Nathan, and I am unbelievably proud of him – he has persevered through doing schoolwork while we were in Russia (both times!!), as well as with the addition of Iliya to our family. Iliya and I (and the laundry – haha) have remained Nathan’s top priority…yet he worked most nights – well into the night, and kept his GPA very high.
As you can imagine, seeing him walk across the stage gave me a definite sense of pride!
Here are a few pictures:

"Dada! Hat!" (Iliya's own words)

yep, that's my (little) boy, with his finger in his nose!

Nathan & his grandmother

proud parents

with kristy, patrick & natalie

the fam together

with my parents

natalie & iliya, playing with johnathan
After the graduation ceremony, we went to our hotel for a BBQ (pulled pork) dinner. It was very nice to spend time together, and we were glad that we didn't have to go to a restaurant, since restaurants do not ususally provide a good atmosphere for visiting with in a fairly large group.

riding on a luggage cart (ride compliments of my brother, christopher)

somebody wanted cake before it was time (guess who!)

immensely enjoying the cake!

Our hotel room did not have a bathtub, so we had to improvise. We were concerned that Iliya would be afraid of the shower, but he had a wonderful time - first, playing outside of the cooler, dipping his toys in...and then he decided to get in.

He enjoyed it so much that - the next morning - he asked to take another bath in the cooler.
Joy
Congratulations to Nathan!
Blessings to you all,
Pam Parker
Great idea with the cooler! Way to think out of the box. Ok, maybe not of the box, but in it. You know what I mean. :-)
As you were celebrating your Master's, Earl and I were celebrating our "40th" Anniversary Luau party. Two great mile stones for us both.
We are so proud of you all.
Earl & Carolyn Nelson