As I mentioned in a previous post, I've been working on these questions that were asked a couple weeks ago; I apologize for taking so long in answering! I finally put the finishing touches on a couple of them...and am still working on others. This post is a little more insight into "me" as a person...and soon, we'll talk more adoption "stuff."
These questions come from Nathan's aunt Nancy:
Are you feeling not so tired now? Not SO tired, anymore. A couple weeks ago, I had tried taking some diet supplements (a no-no, I know, so no lectures!) for a week or so, and they ended up keeping me awake at night. I wasn't jittery during the day...but I certainly woke up every morning around 2:00 and either slept restlessly for a few hours or simply tossed and turned for those few hours. It was miserable, and as soon as I quit taking the supplements....amazingly! I started sleeping again! So now, I'm only tired from being busy and the occasional crazy night with Iliya. Not so much from a string of sleepless nights caused by a not-so-great choice.What are your hobbies? Of course, I love spending time with Nathan & Iliya...that's my favorite hobby! :) In addition to that...
I love to read. Absolutely love it. If the television fell off the face of the earth, I'd be fine with that. But if all the books in the world vanished, I think I would go crazy. I'm mostly a fiction reader, though. My sister loves biographies & such...but reading is often an "escape" for me. So fiction it is!
I also love to write. I've tossed around the idea, lately, of writing to bring in some extra income...but I don't know how I would do with it.
Let pull over for a minute & digress so that I can give a bit of background to explain: For my first 2 years of college, I majored in music therapy. I loved music - playing it, listening to it. I had been involved in music - from piano lessons to marching band to symphonic band to youth orchestra - for over 12 years. I was pretty good at it (though I think other people thought I was better than I actually thought myself to be), and I enjoyed it. But once I made it to college, I had to take a lot of technical courses - I struggled & made it through 4 semesters of music theory...I lived & breathed music for 2 years and when it came time for my sophomore jury, I realized that I had lost my fire for creating the thing that I had loved for over half my life. When I HAD to do it, I burned out. I struggled to rekindle the love I once had. I've never lost my love for music, itself, but just the love for creating the music. It was easy back then, to take a couple steps back. But a couple steps here & there added up to a full-fledged "quit." And it really makes me sad. Because I haven't touched a french horn in about 8 years, and although I do have a piano in my house, I rarely open it. When I do, I'm doing good to remember chord progressions - and pitifully at that.
So I tell you all of that to say that I'm afraid of doing more writing than I do here, because I fear burning out on another thing that I love, just because I force myself to do it. I've looked at a few options of writing for extra income...but so far, I've drawn a blank on what I would write about. So right now, it stays in my "hobby" column. :) Perhaps my fear comes from not feeling capable of thinking up topics on my own. Maybe I should write for a Q&A column, because if you give me a question, I can certainly write a good, rambling answer for it! :)
Another hobby I've always enjoyed, and am really learning a lot about is photography. When I say I've always enjoyed it, I mean that. I'm the girl that has boxes FULL of photographs taken from the moment I got my first camera until now (except now, my boxes are actually file folders on the computer). Until recently, I've been an "automatic" girl...taking decent pictures, but letting the camera do the work for me. I'm starting to branch out and am finding that I really enjoy playing with manual settings. I have quite a way to go in terms of mastery...but this has become a really enjoyable, rewarding thing for me.
What is your favorite time of the year? Fall & Spring vie for first place. Both seasons - in my very humble opinion - have perfect temperatures and humidity levels (here in the South). Spring is nice, because it is a bit of color after a dreary winter...but I really think I have to say Fall. Simply because I loathe summer, with its high temps & drowning humidity. Fall is - quite literally- a breath of fresh air. And I LOVE the changing leaves. And while Spring only yields Summer, so much comes with Fall...the beginning of the holiday season, bonfires, football games, cooler weather....!!!
And there you have it! More than you probably ever wanted to know about me!
Hallelujah!
Blessings,
Pam Parker