We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Monday, June 16, 2008
In Honor of the Upcoming Football Season...
If you are a resident of Alabama (or if you are familiar with the UA/AU rivalry)...you'll appreciate this. :)
That's not what he said when he was with grandad -- looks like you've got a con artist on your hands :o) I imagine if Tessa was around, he just might growl like a bulldog :o)
Hello! What a gorgeous lil boy you have.. He is so sweet.. I have 3 adopted little kiddos.. My boys are from Russia 7 & 5 and a 2 yr little girl from Guatemala. I would love to share my site with you. Please email me mockba0204@optonline.net
That is hilarious! Having lived in Birmingham for 7 years I completely understand. I was always a transplant but its hard not to just choose a side to make life easier. :)
As soon as I can figure out how to upgrade my VHS to DVD and copy - I will definitely "let" you post you and your two younger siblings (Johnathan was too young to stand) standing by the Christmas tree modeling your AUBURN socks that you must have gotten in your Christmas stocking in 1987!
In response to Laura, it's actually a requirement that all residents of Alabama (whether you grew up here or transplanted) pick a side whether you like football or not :-)
Amen to that, Nathan...as a transplant from the north (altho' my roots are were set in Alabama) it didn't take long to figure out that football is to Alabama what basketball is to Indiana. So in choosing sides, I just had to go with the underdog at the time (that was the mid-70's) and that's just about the way it happened with the fella I met & married. Fast forward 20 years and raising 4 AU fans (1 MSU renegade for a few years -- influenced by her cousin & now she's even gone to the crimson side), our oldest child chooses to attend the only university in the state that offers the program she wants to major in. She even marches in the Million Dollar Band, but I'm not convinced that she changes her allegiance at that point, because...when she meets this really special young man, and a few days later goes to breakfast with his family, what is she wearing??? "Proudly" sporting her AU sweatshirt, in the midst of a UA family. I'm convinced it wasn't the crimson & white that won her heart...it was the fella that was & is a huge UA fan that did & at that point joined with him in becoming "one of them". And, oddly enough, once all that happened, that girl's father even softened his attitude about the Tide & cheers for them (except when they play the Tigers, of course)...so that can only mean that that fella won her family's hearts, too :o)
Needless to say, on Iron Bowl day, all I ask for is peace, love, happiness & harmony shared by all the family :o) (and a tie score!)
LOL! Yeah at the time I managed to avoid it because I went to FSU and we were still in the Dynasty years... Then I moved and it didn't matter any more! Hehe!!
I keep watching this video!! He is soooooo funny!! I know I am truly biased, but isn't he just the cutest little boy?! If I keep taking breaks to come out to the RV and watch this, I'll never get the house ready to sell!!! I laugh out loud every time I watch it!! See yall this weekend! Love to all, Nana & Papa
Well I have to add my two cents worth in. My blood runs CRIMSON not blue. I am a die hard Bama fan. My whole living room is decorated with Alabama pictures and all kinds of Bama things, even two picture's of the Great Bear. I live in Florida around many Gator fans and I proudly have my Explorer covered with Bama things all year long down here. I love it when I tell a Gator fan that an Elephant can step on a Gator very easy and kick them out of the way. When my hubby goes to Gainesville to the VA we both always wear our Alabama shirt's and he wear's his hat. That is the home of the Gator's. One thing I didn't know is that Alabama had another college team, hmmmm. Thought AU was in Georgia. Well it should be. GO BAMA GO. ROLL TIDE ROLL.
"When I was very young, most of my childhood heroes wore capes, flew through the air,
or picked up buildings with one arm. They were spectacular and got a lot of attention.
But as I grew, my heroes changed, so that now I can honestly say that anyone who does
anything to help a child is a hero to me."
~Fred Rogers
"I'll love you forever I'll like you for always, As long as I'm living My baby you'll be."
~Robert Munsch
"Beginnings are scary, endings are usually sad, but its the middle that counts the most. Try to remember that when you find yourself at a new beginning"
~Hope Floats
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle"
~Fleur Conkling Heylinger
"The real issue in life is not how many blessings we have, but what we do with our blessings. Some people have many blessings and hoard them. Some have few and give everything away."
~Fred Rogers
hugs....granmom
GOOOOOO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Take care,
In response to Laura, it's actually a requirement that all residents of Alabama (whether you grew up here or transplanted) pick a side whether you like football or not :-)
Needless to say, on Iron Bowl day, all I ask for is peace, love, happiness & harmony shared by all the family :o) (and a tie score!)
hugs,
granmom
Roll Tide!!!!
Blessings,
Pam Parker
See yall this weekend!
Love to all, Nana & Papa
Earl and Carolyn Nelson
Bama Fans Forever