My sister has developed a strange fascination with
this lady. Honestly, I've never been a fan of hers...not really for any other reason other than the fact that the mere mention of her name causes me to gain 10 pounds! Seriously, I've eaten her recipes when I've been at other people's homes...and the food is always delicious. But given my weight issues, I've just never had an active interest in her. In fact, only in the past few weeks did I discover that her last name is spelled with "ee" rather than a "ea".
Anyway. So...Sarah is obsessed with the above mentioned lady's cooking show on the F00d Netw0rk...and since she is living with us for a month, she has been helping out with some of the cooking. Recently, while watching the show, she saw a recipe for Hawaiian-ish porkchops that she has been dying to try. Sarah LOVES pork. Nathan & Iliya love it, too. I, on the other hand, am not a big pork fan, but if you remember,
I loaded up on meat not long ago, and consequently, had some porkchops in the freezer. When she learned this information, Sarah told me we really HAD to try this recipe. So she went to the store last night & grabbed the rest of the ingredients for the recipe.
As a side note, the recipe is actually called
Pork Chop & Pineapple Pie. But I thought that sounds a little......well......while creative, it just doesn't sound good to me. So this is why I've renamed it in our house to
Hawaiian-ish Porkchops. Really, no better, I know. Dorky, even. But it is what it is!
And of course, I digress. Moving on...
We omitted the butter, used thin sliced porkchops...and made it a pretty healthy - and FRESH - meal. I figured it might be a decent meal, if good, even.
But I was wrong.
It was TO DIE FOR.
And that's a lot, coming from me...the girl who wouldn't care if pork became the non-existent white meat.
So I'm sharing the recipe. We grilled them over heat that was a bit too high, so the bottom of the pork chops were a little charred in some of the packets. But charring aside, I will definitely be adding this to our regular rotation!
Ingredients- 1 boneless Pork Chop per person
- 1 slice grilled red onion per person
- 1 slices green bell pepper per person
- 1 slice of fresh pineapple slices per person
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce per person
- optional - 1 tbsp. butter (I omitted this)
- salt, pepper, garlic salt to taste (I forgot to add these)
For each serving lay a pork chop on a large square of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Top each chop with the onion, green pepper and pineapple slices. Drizzle with the teriyaki sauce.
Top with the (OPTIONAL) margarine. Wrap tightly in the foil, rolling ends to completely seal the package. Bake at 350 degrees F - or place on a medium-hot grill for 15-20 minutes. (We went from Sarah's memory, last night.
Here's a link to the actual recipe)
Edit: Try it with chicken, beef, or any other meat! It would be delicious!For Iliya's packet, I went ahead & chopped the onion, green pepper, and pineapple into bite sized pieces. I cut up his pork after it finished cooking. And I think he gave his seal of approval when - after eating an entire porkchop - looked around the table at everyone else's plates, and said,
"More Chicken, Please!!"
me, I would add some sesame seeds, maybe a little ginger, and a touch of red pepper.... and a red pepper to go with the green pepper for more color.
You could even do this in a Crockpot too...I think we will be eating some port this week. Jack will be happy!
Thanks for sharing.
LOVE the I man's response!
hey, this is Tucker... the link is for cholesterol bomb