We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Tuesday, July 03, 2007
Take a look at this picture...
...tell me what you see.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket




Okay, I won't keep you in suspense. It is me, on the phone, receiving our court date. My co-workers were all in the right place @ the right time, with their CAMERAS!!

July 20th, 2007. That's all I know for right now - and I would write a better, more detailed post, but my brain is just not here. I will be more coherent, later, so I'll write more later.

For now, we know we are TRULY thankful for all the praying you've been doing lately - and we will be parents, officially, on July 20th. What a wonderful day that will be.
31 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
What an awesome birthday present for you!!!!!!!!! AND what a fantabulous anniversary present for your mom & dad!!! I'm sooo happy for y'all!!!

Love you!!!
Cher

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Melissa,

That is such great news. YIPPEEE!! He will finally get to come home and your family will be all together. We are so excited for you guys. I check this regularly and keep up with you through family around here!!

Love you guys,

Tori

Blogger Troy and Rachel said...
Woo Hoo!!!!! We are absolutely THRILLED for you!! I was so happy to see this post today. Been a little crazy here so this just made my day!! Only 17 days and they will fly - we can't wait to follow your travels to bring Little I home.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
the cup....I think I recognize the cup in the picture :o) + more :o) + more :o)

"This is the LORD'S doing; It is marvelous in our eyes. This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it."Psalm 118:23-24

"Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice!" Phillipians 4:4

Hugs & much love,
mom & dad (mamaLin & grandpa)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I left my comment for today, on the one two days ago...whoops...oh well...you'll just have to do that much more work and check it out...

Love you!
johnny

johnny

johnny
johnny
johnny
johnny

poo-poo pants :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Hooray for Hollywood, no, no, I mean hooray for Melissa and Nathan!Wow for your mom and dad's 25th you gave them a trip to Williamsburg and for their 30th you give them a new grandson - I was so glad to get the phone call from MamaLin - just made my heart pound! We'll wait "patiently" for the details! Love, Tatya Sis

Blogger JennStar said...
Whew-hoo!!!!! And here I was staring at the photo, looking for something in the decor/paperwork/stuff, like a "what's different" between 2 pictures. Congratulations!! I'm thrilled for you!!

Blogger MandyJo013078 said...
Melissa -
I'm so happy for you :) !! I can't wait to hear all about your travels with Nathan to get little I :) - what a wonderful wonderful 4th of July celebration you'll be having this year! Plus by the time you get back you'll be a family and still have some summer left to enjoy! Congrats!
Amanda :)

Blogger Jenni said...
What wonderful news! I love it that your co-workers captured the moment as well. That's one for the life book!

Congratulations!

Blogger A Room to Grow said...
Wahoo! This is great news! I'm so glad you heard something before August. Wow, that means you've got about two weeks before you travel! Got some packing to do?? :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
THANK GOD FOR ANSWERED PRAYERS!!!!

Of all days for our computer to go on the blitz...after we got THE phone call from Misty, I had to borrow a friends computer so I could check your blog!!! We are so excited for you all and can't wait to meet our little man!!!

Love,
Andrea

P.S.-Alex's comment..."You got to meet him on my (Alex's) b-day, and get to start bringing him on mommy's (Andrea) b-day (July 14th)!!!(((0:

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Wow!! How exciting!! July 20th will be here before you know it :) I guess you better start writing your packing list now (if you haven't started already!) How amazing God is and is timing! He has taught you so much and continues to teach you so much, you all have such an amazing testimony to His Faithfulness!!!

Blogger Melissa said...
Melissa,
I am so very excited for you. I know how long you waited and you are gonna be such wonderful parents! Good luck planning your trip!

Melissa Mc

Blogger Unknown said...
Congrats Nathan & Melissa! I'm so happy for y'all!! You are going to be such good parents! :)
~Bonnie

Blogger Unknown said...
Yea!!! I KNEW it would be very soon! Congratulations!!

Congratulations on receiving your court date! That's wonderful news! Best wishes as you prepare to go pick up your son!

Blogger Allison said...
Yahoo!!!!! I'm so excited for you. And it's neat that you actually have a photo of such an amazing moment in your life.
Congratulations!!!

Blogger M- said...
Congratulations! How great that you had people there to get that picture!

Blogger Deb said...
OH MY!!!!! That is great news. Wow! So soon. Yippee & Woohoo & Congratz!!

Blogger Maggie said...
Congratulations!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Congrats Melissa! I'm thrilled to bits for you and Nathan!

Blogger Dede said...
Congrats! Can't wait to follow your blog on your second journey to bring him home!

Blogger The Missaggias said...
Congratulations! What an amazing time in your lives! We are so thrilled for all three of you.

Blogger kate said...
Fantastic! (And what great co-workers to capture that one for you.)

We are SOOOOOOOO EXCITED for you!! Can't wait to see your new family photos!!!!

Congratulations!
Adrienne

Blogger Sira said...
Melissa- I am so excited for you!!! Now its your turn. Hooray!!!!!! This is the best news today

Anonymous Anonymous said...
That is so awsome girl! I could not be happier for you guys. You truely deserve this. Both you and Nathan. Best news ever! That is one BIG step to having your family all together.

Blogger Denise :o) said...
YYAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!

Blogger Lauren & Cupcake said...
Yippeee! Congrats!!! So happy to hear you have gotten your date. What a lovely summer it will be!

Blogger Becky and Keith said...
Ummm... I think blogger ate my comment! It was a comment with a lot of WHOOOOHOOOOO's and YIPPEE's!!!! Can't wait to read your posts over the next few weeks and definitely can't wait to see pics of the little guy! We'll be thinking about you! (Now, let's try to post this again)

Blogger Suz said...
This is wonderful news! I'm so excited for you!!