We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
Picture Pages...Picture Pages...Time to get Your Picture Pages....
Did you ever watch Bill Cosby's Picture Pages? I am not sure about this, but I think the short segments came on N!ckelodeon...we didn't watch much TV, when I was a kid. But - my mom kept my dad's books, and in the summertime, when we were out of school, mom would load the kids in the car, and we would go hang out at dad's shop. Some of my absolute fondest memories are in the summertime at dad's shop - but I guess that's another post for another time... And as usual, I digress. Anyway, back on track: In dad's shop, we had a little TV with a cable box on it - and there is where I watched bits & pieces of TV...including Picture Pages. I loved that little segment of TV!

And while this post is not about an animated magic marker, drawing pictures....I am going to post some pictures. So, knowing the content of my post, the theme song to Picture Pages kept running through my head. Hence, the title.

But again, I digress...on to the meat of my post:

We had a nice weekend...Nathan had Drill, and I stayed home to clean house, write thank you notes, and finish up with the furniture in Little I's room. Y'all already know most of this, from my last post.

And I know, I know! You really don't want to go back over our weekend. No, you are dying to see pictures of Little I's room! So I'll post what I've got so far. I still have some illustrations to put in frames - and I'd like your opinions...should I put another 2 pictures on the right end of the line of pictures on the wall? Just curious what y'all think. A friend at work has found a great, green chenille rug to go on the floor - so once we get that - and finish hanging pictures, I think Little I's room will be complete - with the exception of having him in it! Now - I'll shut the trap and post the pictures!

First, the shelves that Nathan built and I painted:



And now a picture of the shelves that we bought discounted...and I painted:



And now, drumroll please...........Little I's room:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

And it is with great pleasure that I announce that we got our latest dossier updates apostilled and FedExed today. We left Tuscaloosa bright eyed and bushy tailed, this morning, headed to Montgomery. We arrived back in town around 2:00 -- and $200 poorer. But it is done, and for that - I am glad!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

And for the last picture tonight...a piece of trivia. Does anyone want to venture a guess as to what this next picture actually is? (If I have told you, or if you are from around these parts & actually know this building, for sure, then play fair no guessing! Leave me a nice comment instead!)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

14 Comments:
Blogger Suzanne said...
the shelves and room look great. and congrats on your apostilles.

Blogger Maggie said...
Time to get your crayons and your pencils... LOVED Picture Pages when I was a kid!

I's room looks great.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Oh, Little Man's room looks wonderful!! And I don't have a clue what the last picture is. Looks like a funeral home! Ha!
Love, NANA

Blogger Troy and Rachel said...
The nursery looks great!! I love the shelves and the colors!!

Blogger kate said...
YES to picture pages. But, I never had the actual pages.

I think it was Captain Kangaroo who hosted Bill Cosby.

Oh--and YOUR pix are fab!

Blogger Unknown said...
The room looks GREAT! I love the little pillows in the glider rocker. I worried if I should get those or not, but it really ties the chair into the rest of the room.

As far as putting up two more pictures, I would need to see the entire wall. I'm personally big on things being centered...if that makes sense. The room looks really great, so I say use your best judgment on hanging more pictures. Hope that helps!

Love you and miss you! Kristy

Blogger Elle said...
The room is soooo cute! Love the colors.

My guess is the building is the Sec of State's office?

Blogger Becky and Keith said...
The room looks GREAT! It's so bright and colorful! I vote for two more pictures so that the bookshelf on that wall is centered under the pics. BTW, you'd never know those pictures weren't professionally framed - they look GREAT! Congrats on getting the rest of your paperwork done! Another weight off of your shoulders...

Anonymous Anonymous said...
The room looks great - I like the contrasts and the pics couldn't look better - gotta check again which ones you framed - I thought it was Central, but looks like grave markers on the grass by the right of the door - hey, Sarai, help me!! Congrats on your paperwork being finished and sent off......

Anonymous Anonymous said...
It looks great! Can't wait to come & play!!! or rock!!! or whatever it is that Little I wants to do!!! (and Dad amens that too! -- he's so cute when he talks about what the future holds when it comes to being grandparents)

Just think, if you had watched tv endlessly as so many children & adults tend to do, you might not be the delightful & enchanting writer you are today :o)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
OK, I'm new to your blog (found you thought the adoption blog rolls on someone's blog LOL- we're in the process, too), so I'm not sure if there's more to the building photo- but is it a church? Just a wild guess.
And I love your little guys room! You did a great job arranging the furniture- and the white with stained wood looks great the way you have it (I remember you saying something about that bugging you, I think, and needing to come up with a pleasing arrangement). Great job! He's going to love it!!

Blogger Deb said...
The room looks amazing. Once you get that rug in there is will be even cuter. I'd have to see the entire wall to suggest 2 more pictures or not. Are there just the 6 up there?
And I'd guess a... okay I have no clue. Give us a hint. I'm guessing it's not a funeral home because that would be too obvious.

Blogger yorkiemom said...
I love the room, especially the floors. I'm also impressed with the building of the shelves. Maybe someone (hint, hint) will see this and get inspired to finish his project :)

I'm also easily impressed by how impressive the apostilles look.

Congrats!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Little I is going to be one smart little boy..all those pretty colors are going to have his little mind busy, busy! The room looks great! I'm really glad you went with the white paint...I think they tie everything together perfectly. The way it looks in the picture...I think 2 more pictures would center the bookshelves. If you could slide the shelves to the left a little and center them under the pictures, then you probably wouldn't need the other 2 pictures. I'm like Kristy...I like thing's to be centered and symetrical.

Congrats on the paperwork! I know that's a relief!

Love,
Andrea