We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Thursday, May 24, 2007
A Step in the Right Direction
Yesterday, we learned some good news from a few families that are about a month ahead of us - their documents were progressing - slowly but surely - through the court system...and they were expecting a court date at any moment. This morning, I received an email from one of the families saying that a court date had been assigned - this is exciting news! The other family I keep up with is still waiting, but theirs should be coming any day now.

As for us, we're still waiting, and plan to be for a while. It's tough, and I won't say that I didn't have a REALLY bad day on Tuesday (this week, I'm suffering from 'hormone effects' too so that doesn't make anything better) but yesterday morning, I received a call saying that we should be receiving a medical document via email within a few minutes. We received it - and this is a pretty important document that we are sending to the court...it basically outlines Little I's medical information and we've signed off on it, saying that we have been informed of all this information and still would like to adopt him.

So this is out step in the right direction - at least things are happening, even if slowly. "Slowly" is difficult...but better than "Sitting Still"!!!
6 Comments:
Blogger Allison said...
That is good news. I'll take progress of any kind at this point. Not too much longer and you'll have Little I in your arms again!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I'm excited-I've been checking daily - I had read one of the other blogs attached to yours and saw where they received the medical doc and the final trip was quick after that - so your "dream" wasn't too far off. I still have pics of you all on our table from the shower -thought I'd leave them there until you get to go back to pick up Little "I". Love Sis

Blogger Ronda said...
Great news. I think you're about a week ahead of us in the process. A few updated docs go to Ekat tomorrow. We're just waiting and trying to stay busy. Care to share who just got their court date?

Blogger Sira said...
Melissa-
Boy do I know about those bad days! Hopefully now that court dates have been made the families that are behind us will move faster. I think that hopefully the flood gates have opened!!! I know you can't wait to get little I home.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Hang in there! Things are moving and that is a good sign. I haven't been able to post becasue crazy blogger won't accept my password--so I'm leaving a comment as "annonymous". I check your blog daily, hoping to hear good news. I know that waiting is tough (as we are still waiting on a referral) but your day will come!

JennyM

Blogger Jane said...
Waiting just STINKS! I always want to say... come on God, I get it, lets get to the next mountain!

Praying for you guys!

Jane, in SC