We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Saturday, May 19, 2007
Help Needed!!
Are you up for a challenge?? I sure hope so because - as I mentioned in the previous post, I need your help. Now that we have Little I's furniture in his room, we know where we want to hang pictures. I am waiting for one of our framing places to run a sale so that I can get this done for a decent price. The problem is, I have about 10 - 12 more pictures than I have space for - so I need help deciding what to frame.

Each of these is 12x12 and I imagine will be framed in a simple black frame & white mat (unless I get a better suggestion). Each picture is an illustration from children's literature - some you may recognize and some you may not. A few of these are definitely going in Little I's room, just because I love them. But the rest of them...I am having a really hard time choosing and I'm curious to see what you think.

The walls in Little I's room are brown - a darkish tan, I guess. I wanted something that was neutral and would go with any colorful picture(s) I decided to use. I've held many of these up in the room, and I would have to say that the brown wall color was a good choice.

Okay, so we could go about this a few different ways. I tried to create a poll, but it just didn't really work - so I imagine the best way to go about it is this:

Email Me or leave me a comment & rank your top 10. Please! If you don't do it for me...do it for Little I! His mommy is being indecisive & he really would like to have some great wall hangings when he gets home! (did it work? i hope so!!)

**Click on a thumbnail to see a bigger picture**
[1. Option 1 ] [2. Option 2 ] [3. Option 3 ]
[4. Option 4 ] [5. Option 5 ] [6. Option 6 ]
[7. Option 7 ] [8. Option 8 ] [9. Option 9 ]
[10. Option 10 ] [11. Option 11 ] [12. Option 12 ]
[13. Option 13 ] [14. Option 14 ] [15. Option 15 ]
[16. Option 16 ] [17. Option 17 ] [18. Option 18 ]
[19. Option 19 ] [20. Option 20 ]
19 Comments:
Blogger Elle said...
My thoughts would be to go big. Do a big grouping of a few of them, like 6 or so. 3 across 2 down. I personally like the classics like Where the Wild Things Are, Curious George, Goodnight Moon, Babar, Cat in the Hat and the Silversteen. The colors of those are a mix and match, but the grouping would look nice with matching frames.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
My choices are as follows:

1) #2
2) #5
3) #6
4) #3 (to represent that you traveled around the world for him)
5) #14
6) #9

I would also do a grouping of 6 or 9 framed to match. Hope I was able to help :-)

~Katie

Blogger Jenni said...
First of all, I love your idea of using art from Children's Literature to decorate the walls! Some of my favorite children's books are represented here. I also like Elle's idea of the grouping. Here are my choices:

1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 12, 16, and 19.

I hope this helps!

Blogger Maggie said...
Oh, this is hard. They all represent such great books. (I love children's lit.)I don't recognize all of them, though. Here's my order:

1, 19, 2, 6, 14, 11, 18, 3, 5, and 16

(I love Babar, Charlotte's Web, and Cat in the Hat, too. But I don't think I like mixing covers with the inner illustrations. I know, I know. I'm weird.)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
My favorites are:
2,3,4,6,9,16,19

Great idea for the walls! Very creative!

Blogger Deb said...
Hard to choose just 10 but here are my choices in no particular order.
3, 15, 6, 1, 2, 14, 5, 12, 8, 18

I also love #10 but since the 10 I picked were all so colorful I left that one off.

Looking forward to seeing the finished project.

Could you list the names of the books. There are a few I don't know and would like to look for.

Blogger Jane said...
my ultimate is #6... when we move I am going to do our second bath in C'George... I have ALWAYS just LOVED him. (our local theater is showing him for FREE this summer.. woo hoo!!)

here's my top 10:
6,2,3,20,17,19,8,10,11,4

I like the idea of grouping them...
beach/travel, animals, or colors

can I come help?!?

Blogger Melissa said...
I like them all! My top ten is; 9, 4, 13, 16, 19, 5, 14, 8, 3, and 15. Good luck trying to decide.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Aunt Cher is going to give you her opinion...I'll just go down each one...easier for me...

1. Don't like this one at all--never have...the "monster" is too scary looking for my taste
2. Love it
3. Love it
4. Love it
5. Love it
6. Love it
7. Love it
8. Love it
9. Love it
10. Love it
11. Love it
12. Don't like this one either...I don't like the way the characters look
13. Love it
14. Love it
15. Love it
16. Love it
17. Love it
18. Love it
19. Love it
20. Love it

And love YOU!

Happy Belated B'day to Nathan...I'd say welcome to the 30's but I'm now 40 *LOL*

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Yes, Ann Sharp said be careful praying for patience - so you prayed to stay busy and busy you are- but it does make the time pass quickly. My choices are 2,4,6,5,16,20,12 (snow in Vlad)19,14,3 in that order. (Aunt Cher blogged while I was trying to get past the codes - we agree on number 1) I agree with Maggie about the book titles - and a Happy Late Birthday to Nate - your mom mentioned it Fri nite. And I totally agree on what a wonderful husband he is to you- also a great nephew! Dad to the rescue! Nothing like a wonderful father...unless it's a mother...etc...
love
Sis

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I actually like them all -- but would stay away from #1 & #12 for now since they are scarier looking and then when he gets a little older, you could change out some of the pics. #10 would look great in a mat of rainbow colors or at least the primary colors & green. If you did a grouping, maybe that one could be center??? If you see Dad when he comes tomorrow, get his opinion in person -- another guy's opinion would be good -- he talks often about being a granddad.

love you much...mom

Blogger Rachael said...
What a great idea. I love children's books. You should pick the ones that are your favorites (books) or are most sentimental to you, but the ones I think go well together artistically are 2, 3, 6, 9, 11, and either 14 or 19. I agree with Maggie, I prefer the ones that are just the illustration over the book cover ones, but those could work too. OK, sorry not much help, but just had to delurk to tell you how much I love the idea.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
My choices are 2,3,4,5,6,8,9,11,16,19. I don't think you can wrong with any of them!!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
The last comment was me, Shana

Anonymous Anonymous said...
They are all great!!
Top 10
9- I love Petunia!!!! 19, 14 Love Lilly too!, 8, 10, 2, 13, 8, 6, 5. I agree that 1 might be a little frightening for a baby.
Melodie Allen

LOVE this idea! I like 2,3,4,6,9,11,13,16,19,20 :O)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
#2 is my favorit. "Goodnight Moon" was Wesley and Alex's favorite bedtime story when they were little. I had forgotten about it until I saw that picture! I also really like #3. It reminds me of the song "Jesus Loves the Little Children"...red and yellow, black and white they are precious in His sight...#'s 4,5,6,9,11,16,19&20 round out my top 10. The bright primary colors will spark his imagination! Love y'all-Andrea

Blogger Mama Fish said...
Here is what I did to help me visualize the color groupings together. I pasted the pics into a Word doc 3 across and 3 down. Row 1: #5, #2, #9
Row 2: #6, #14, #14
Row 3: #11, #4, #3

I don't know if you will be spreading them out, but those colors look quite well together. :o)

Good luck! From another CHI Russian hopeful parent.

Blogger adoptedthree said...
Are you serious they are all too cute but I love the dog and goose and have NO idea why LOL

PS send me anything you are tossing they are adorable