...and this blog will have reached 18,000 views! I am still astounded at the number of hits we get. I don't know why it shocks me...I suppose I should chalk it up to the fact that we know some reaaalllly nosey people!! Yes, of course I am kidding... But do keep reading - hopefully we'll have some good news soon! Till then, you'll have to put up with silly posts about angel food cake and drive thru funeral homes.
It could be worse, though, I'm sure!
Let's see...
I'd love to say that we've got some great news, but that's just not the case right now. However, they say that no news is good news, so I'll take that right now.
There are rumors going around that some agencies have received encouraging words about reaccreditation - there is speculation around the blog world that
actual reaccreditation may not happen for some time, now, but that all of the important players in Russia are signing off on papers. So, I try to stay out of a lot of the forums, etc., but from what I've read on blogs, things are looking promising.
In our particular situation...our latest dossier updates were sent off last Friday. We are hoping that once they arrive safely in Vlad (not sure how long, exactly, it takes), our dossier will be submitted to the court. I think, from there, the judge & prosecutor have quite a bit of time to look over everything before assigning a court date. I think they are actually allowed about 2 months, from the time they receive the dossier, to review it- but from what I understand, the Vlad court is pretty good about expediting the process. At my best guess, I still think we'll be well into July before knowing something and/or traveling, but...
...I guess this definitely gives us something specific to pray for!!
So, c'mon 60 more people! Let's kick this up over 18,000 views! Oh, and while you're viewing, click that thing down there, called "Comments." Leave one for me, will ya? It's really easy! THANKS to all of you who DO leave comments! I really love reading them!! Think about this, though, if 128 people view this blog in one day (yes, I checked), and I average 3 comments a day, what's the percentage, there? (less than 1%, I checked that too!)
So...just do it! It's the free-est way to make somebody's day!
Love,
Andrea
Miss you and everyone at work, but I am LOVING this internship! I'm still praying for the cutest of the cutest... Little I, that is.
-April Thomas
Gosh, we hope you hear soon about a court date. We'll keep praying.
By the way - I'm one of those stalkers also. (It doesn't help when you are slow at work!!)
Melodie Allen
I'm Amanda and I've really enjoyed reading your blog while I'm weighing the decision of adopting from Russia as a single parent. I'm working on my application for CHI. I like reading about the silly stuff even if it is creamed corn and drive thru funeral parlors. I started a blog, but it's just in the baby step stages.... Thanks for writing & I'm praying for a speedy court date for you and Nathan. -Amanda in Minnesota :)
You know, at one point I knew the exact # of days a judge had to schedule a court date once all the proper paperwork was submitted. I think it's 60, but I could be wrong. But what I do know is that once your paperwork is actually filed to the court you only have x # of days to wait. Of course at the end of that the judge could very well ask for more paperwork. He did that to us.
You sound like such a patient person. I know it's got to be hard waiting to pick up Little I but you seem to be viewing it all so well.
You're an encouragement to me. I hope I'm that level headed when it's my turn.
ILY-Nathan
We can hardly wait for Little Man to get here! We'll enjoy times on the boat with the rest of the family. You two are in our prayers, the time-it sure is "a draggin"!!!
Love, Nana & Papa
I've visited your blog before. Today I clicked on "related feeds" after my own blog in bloglines, and yours was one of the ones that popped up. Then you left this post about who's stopping by and all....so I felt compelled to raise my hand and say hi.
Hope you guys get some good news. The inbetween waiting is really tough, I know.
Ronda