We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Friday, June 15, 2007
Congratulations -
...to my dear husband!

It has been a whirlwind week, and I haven't posted about it, because we just weren't in a position to say anything yet. But since it is now public - Nathan got a promotion!

As you may know, he has been working for the past (almost) 3 years in a more rural area, about 30 minutes from Tuscaloosa. He loved it in that office, but right after we returned from Russia, he transferred to Tuscaloosa, in part, to be closer to home.

But my, how things can change.

About a week ago, we learned that his boss at his original office was retiring quickly, leaving a supervisor position open in that office. And Nathan was selected for the job! Since it is 'only' 30 minutes from home, he accepted. The office is a great one to work in - the people are wonderful, and Nathan is on a first-name basis with most of the other law enforcement officers in the town. So he is very excited, and I know I may be biased, but he is most definitely deserving. He's a great officer - and I just don't know how he does it some days...but he comes home every day, happy. And it means so much to me that he is happy. He will do very well as the supervising officer...and I anticipate that his job satisfaction will remain as high as - if not higher than - it is right now.

Anyway, I just wanted to share that with you all.

Oh - by the way, we just found out that he starts...Monday!

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers during this time...they mean so much, and we never know how even the most "general" prayer will affect us. So thank you!

And again - to Nathan - Congratulations!
13 Comments:
Blogger Deb said...
Congratz Nathan!

Blogger yorkiemom said...
Congratulations!

Blogger Unknown said...
This is wonderful news Congratulations!

Blogger Troy and Rachel said...
Congrats - Wonderful things are happening!!

Blogger Becky and Keith said...
Congrats! What great news for your family!

Blogger Elle said...
Congrats Nathan! Promotions Rock.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Ok, it's time for a Momma to boast!! I'm VERY proud of you, Nate!! We always knew you'd be successful at anything you did, from marriage to your Christianity to your work. I know you'll be glad to get back in the old office come Monday morning!
Love you, Momma

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Whew-hoo!! That's such awesome news!! Congrats to you and your hubby!!What a great Father's Day gift! :o)

Blogger Suz said...
Yay, congratulations Nathan!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What great news!! I'm so happy for you both!

Blogger Jane said...
congrats to you Nathan... God is blessing your family in preparation for GREAT things!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Congratulations Nathan! You've always had the attitude of a great leader...so I know you will be an awsome supervisor! I bet you'll ALMOST be as good a supervisor as you will be a dad!!!We all know you're going to be an AWSOME dad!!!(((0:

Love,
Andrea

Blogger Denise :o) said...
Congratulations! Looks like both our husbands are in law enforcement!