We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Wednesday, June 13, 2007
The Answer
First, let me tell you that the wonderful men of the UA a/c shop came and fixed our air. I honestly thought I was going to pass out for a little bit, there! But it is now cooler, and I can give you the answer to the quiz.

Oh, y'all had some really good guesses, and thanks for playing! But I'm afraid that you were all wrong. Well, all except for my mother-in-law...but even she was probably a little bit wrong, because there's a different twist on this.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



This, my friends, is a drive-thru funeral parlor. See the window on the far right? The body is displayed in the window there...and friends, family...and - well, I guess just about anyone - can pay their respects without getting out of the car. I've heard that when there is a body in the window, for viewing, the funeral director (or whoever) puts a book outside on a podium, so all you have to do is roll your window down and sign your name.

I think this has to be one of the absolute most interesting - and perhaps wildest - concepts in the world...and it is located in a small town about 30 minutes from here.

How did I learn about it? And is that a real picture?

Several weeks ago, we were eating dinner with this guy (that Nathan used to work with) & his wife. The three of them began telling me all about this place, and I honestly thought they were really trying to pull one over on me. I'm gullible like that. But they insisted that it's true...

Then yesterday, N & I were coming home from Montgomery, and I asked if we had passed the turnoff for the 'drive thru funeral home' and in fact, we had not. So Nathan drove me by there - and I HAD to take a picture of the place, because, like I said...it's just...interesting to me. So yes, it's a real picture...still on my memory card, if you don't believe me!

Anyway, I'm not knocking the idea...I just have to say that I believe I may have heard it all, now. And apparently, it is not the only one in the world!

Yes, my friends...I do believe I've heard it all...
8 Comments:
Blogger Sira said...
Ok, I just tried to leave a comment and the wireless went down as I was sending it so if there are two comments ignore this one.
First little I's room looks great and second the drive thru funeral home is creepy- YIKES.
You will have it so much better then us on your trip here b/c you guys will have custody. We have been bord out of our minds. It was so good to see Adrienne and Jim! More people to hang out with HOORAY!
About the clothes and weather- The weather is all over the place. At night it can get very cool but then some days it is very warm. I brought a light jacket it for him and long pants. If they want something heavier for him then there is a HUGE baby store. Just make sure you have a hat.
Sira

Blogger Becky and Keith said...
So does the family stand out side or something so you can speak to them as you're passing the window?? How WEIRD!

Blogger Allison said...
The idea of a drive-thru funeral home is just creepy!! I'd hate to live in a nearby house; I would never be able to take a walk outside:)

By the way, Little I's room looks amazing!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
LOL! That's hilarious!! Glad you got to experience it ;o)

Blogger Unknown said...
You have got to be kidding!! That's so wierd!h I certainly don't want to be on display like that when it's my time.

The nursery looks great!!

Blogger Jenni said...
That is wild! Who on earth came up with this concept? Are there so many people in a hurry to view the body at a funeral that they really need a drive-through window? So strange...

Blogger Suz said...
Ewww, I'm thinking that's kind of tacky! Ok, I'm opinionated that way.

Blogger Suz said...
And I mean the drive-thru funeral home, not little I's room!!

The room is P-R-E-C-I-O-U-S!