We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Thursday, July 03, 2008
Who Knew
July 3, 2007 started out like any ole day after Trip 1. It was pretty low-key. I'd finished most everything at work that had a big deadline, and was ready for a relaxing Independence Day off from work. I'm quite positive that I spent a few chunks of time, that day, thinking about my little boy, in the baby home in far east Russia. Hoping he was healthy and happy.

About 5 days earlier, I had posted about nesting...and being ready for a court date...and I was to the point that I felt like a completely broken record. I was afraid that you all would get tired of hearing me whine and leave me high & dry for someone a bit cheerier. On July 2, I tagged myself (pathetic, I know, but I had to do something other than whine!) and began filling out one of those silly surveys about what kind of salad dressing I like, whether or not I'd ever been knocked unconscious, and - if given the opportunity to change my name - what I would choose.

Either I got bored with the survey, or figured I would just finish it the next day...because it never got posted. I'm quite certain that my plan had been to just finish it and post it on July 3. But that afternoon, something happened that caused me to forget all about that survey until I just looked at my posting queue a minute ago. I won't go into the details, because you can go back & read all about it if you want to.

But I love these pictures, and am so glad that I had some co-workers (who also happen to be good friends) to share the moment with me.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

A certain little boy had no clue that this crazy woman, who he had only met once...was crying over receiving official word that she would soon be his mama. While he played and ate and slept, he had no idea of all the last minute details that were being seen to in the 3 weeks following that phone call - and how his life would change at the end of that 3 weeks. I don't know that any of us had a true idea of how our lives would change. Oh, but I'm so glad they did.

8 Comments:
Blogger ~Telah said...
Congratulations on your "anniversary"! Iliya is so sweet. I enjoyed meeting him IRL on Sunday.

Blogger Nancy said...
That's great that you got the moment captured on camera!

Blogger Laura said...
Awesome Melissa! I just "found" your blog again. Your son is adorable!
How awesome, that your co-workers were there with a camera, to get "the call" on film!
Congratulations!

Blogger Jane and Jim said...
I TOTALLY remember reading it! Wild. Time really does fly.
At least we're on the road to somewhere now!

Blogger Jane said...
again, I love your memory lane. I can't believe how fast time goes ticktocking along! One day... you give me such hope!

Blogger Christen L said...
So cool that you have those photos. Amazing how quickly the year has gone!

I remember checking your blog frequently this time last year to see if you had your court date, and I also remember telling my husband that you finally got it! I always thought it was so great that you got a picture of the call, too! I can't believe it has been a year either! What a great memory!

Blogger Deb said...
I remember that picture so well and have kicked myself many times for not getting a similar one when our call came.

Wow! A year! Amazing.