We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Wednesday, August 08, 2007
Hello from "the flipside"! (read: Sweet Home Alabama)
My mom updated in the comments...but I just wanted to take a sec to let you all know we made it home. I'll update more when I am more coherent, but we had a wonderful reception at the airport...Nathan apologizes to those of you who were there, for not being more interractive. He didn't feel good - and ends up, he's got some sort of bug - it is respiratory/sinus/flu-ish, thank goodness, and not intestinal, though!

Anyway, it is 6:00 P.M., I've got a little monkey draped across my lap who just will NOT wake up from his nap (I accidentally fell asleep & let him sleep late - and I've been trying to wake him up for almost an hour, now). His poor little body thinks it's somewhere in the middle of the night. My poor body also thinks that...so when I can type a complete sentence without making my head hurt (hopefully by tomorrow!), I'll update some more. With pics & everything.

If you were at the airport last night & have pictures, feel free to send some & I'll post a few of the airport, too!

Love & many thanks to you all!
15 Comments:
Blogger Unknown said...
WELCOME HOME!!!!!

Get some sleep - we'll wait patiently for an update when you to re-coup from the jet lag. ;)

Blogger yorkiemom said...
Congratulations on making it home and we're anxiously awaiting an update.

Yea! You're home! Can't wait to hear more and see pictures :)

Blogger Robin said...
I am glad that you made it home safely. Get some rest and help that little one get adjusted to the time change. Catch us up once you guys had some time to rest. Its been a long trip. Welcome to your new home Little I.

Blogger Dede said...
Welcome home! Can't wait for you to get rested up and share more pictures and stories with us. Don't forget...we are still waiting on that speedo photo! ;-)

Blogger Becky and Keith said...
Welcome home!! Can't wait to see pictures of your homecoming but sleep is SO much more important right now for everyone! :-)

Blogger Jane said...
Jet lag is the pits... can't imagine what it would be like for a toddler! Rest, and we will "see" you when you wake up! Feel better N! Still praying for you guys!

Blogger A Room to Grow said...
welcome home! sounds like a great homecoming.

Blogger Suz said...
Welcome home, I hope you're cozy in your bed right now and resting up so you can give us a big update tomorrow!

Hope Nate feels better soon!

Blogger Elle said...
Welcome home! Glad you made it safe and sound. Can't wait to hear how the trip went.

Blogger Suzanne said...
Congrats! home at last . . .v

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Welcome back home and welcome to your new home Iliya. I could not stand it and had to call Aunt Nancy today to see how things went. I knew everyone was going to be joyful and happy. Nancy said he looks just Joel when he was a baby. Well God does have a way of having the children fit in great with our families and look like some of us. See "I" was supposed to be your baby all the time. God just let another woman carry him for ya'll. And we do thank God for that other woman. Without her we would not have the chance to be a momma. And she could have chosen another way and she chose the correct one. GOD IS GOOD, ALL THE TIME.

Glad you are home and praying for Nathan to feel better real soon and not make you all sick too. Hope you don't have much trouble settling down to the right routine of sleeping, all of you.

God Bless You All,
Carolyn Nelson

Anonymous Anonymous said...
So glad to see you're all home safe and sound. I've been thinking about the three of you, but haven't commented much. I look forward to hearing more about the journey home! I'm so happy for you! And again I say- seriously, is it possibly he gets cuter every day?

-April Thomas

Blogger Janine said...
It sounds like a wonderful adventure you have had in Russia. I'm so glad you made it home safe and sound. Now the fun part.. to enjoy your family for the rest of your life!!

Blogger Deb said...
So glad to hear you made it home safe and sound.