We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Friday, July 13, 2007
Sleep, Glorious Sleep
There is truly something to be said about a solid 10 hours of sleep. I walked into work yesterday, having slept only fitfully for the past week. Yesterday morning, I actually felt like I was getting sick and knew that if I didn't get some sort of rest, then I was going to be starting our trip on the wrong foot.

So I asked if I could be off today, and here I am, at home, about to get my day started.

But not before getting a good, massive amount of uninterrupted sleep. We went to bed a little after 10 last night (some wild & craaaaazy birthday, huh?)...I was in a 'hazy' area, when the phone rang. It was my parents, calling to wish me a happy birthday (sorry mom & dad, for not being more coherent!)...after I hung up the phone, I was asleep in no time, and did not wake up until 8:30 this morning. I think I remember Nathan leaving for work... but other than that... nothing.

Which is wonderful, because I feel the best I've felt in quite some time!

So I think I am going to maximize my day and get to work on things that need working on. My sister will be here shortly, and she told me to rest up, because we are going to be busy bees over the next few days! I'm glad she will be here to help me.

Before I close, one quick correction to my post yesterday, about the grant. I wasn't very specific about what I meant...and in earlier posts, I referred to a grant I was working on for work. That's the grant I was talking about yesterday, and I think I confused some people about what I meant. (it sounded right in my head, though! - which isn't saying a whole lot) Anyway, I should've expanded upon that - we actually got the grant that funds our program at work. Which means that, for at least another 3 years, we will be in operation!

And last but not least, thank you so much for all the birthday wishes & prayers, yesterday! It means so much to me - knowing that I've got such great people thinking about me!

Now, while I'm rested & feeling good, I'm going to get to work! As N's dad would say, we've only got 2 days & a 'wakeup' till liftoff!!
3 Comments:
Blogger Unknown said...
We can swing by and install the car seat for you, no problem. We've gotta bring you the video camera today, anyway. I'll call you later on!

I'm glad you finally got some rest! I could tell that you needed it last night. We had so much fun eating out for your birthday!

Nat and I actually looked for a scrapbook for you, but none of them jumped out as an "Issy will DEFINITELY love this one" book, so we opted for the gift card. That way, you can get whatever you want!!

Anyway, call with any and all last-minute needs. Love you bunches! Kristy

Blogger Sira said...
First off Happy belated birthaday!!! Don't worry too much about court. Just know your homestudy and your child's medical and social back ground. It is pretty intimidating but after you are finished you will realize it is such a small part of the process. Look at the bright side- it's only an hour and they ask you about things you know already. I am getting butterflies with you!

Blogger Unknown said...
I'm so glad you got some rest. Stay rested as much as you can these next couple of days, it will help you not feel tooooo jet lagged.

Let us know about your court experience so we can take good notes for whenever it will be our time.