We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Thursday, February 22, 2007
Have you wondered where I went??
Funny...because I've wondered the same thing!! No, really - I've been around, but VERY busy. Sorry it's taken me a WEEK to get in here and post! I haven't even had ample time to keep up with other blogger friends. It's crazy!

This past weekend, we went car hunting. After the last time our transmission slipped out of gear several times while riding down the interstate (and then they still couldn't figure out what's wrong with it), we just decided we really needed to start looking around for something a little more reliable. As much as we are on the road - AND since we are down to one vehicle, we just figured it would be good to go ahead and cut our losses with my vehicle and move on to something else that would definitely get us from point A to point B (without soon costing us thousands of dollars to fix).

We did find something...and as happy as I am about what we found, I am NOT good with change like this. I LOVED my car. I knew its little quirks and we had a really great little history. Nathan laughs at me for being so nostalgic about a car, but this vehicle was purchased right after September 11, 2001 - which was a huge time in our lives. It had been through lots of stuff with me and had been good to me. Okay, okay, go ahead and roll your eyes at me...you won't be the first!!

So - because no one really understands how I felt about my car, I won't keep going on & on about it. Except to say it was with a tear that I traded in my vehicle on something that will be reliable and 'big enough' to transport our 2 dogs and a baby, when the time comes. We went from a Jeep Cherokee to a Commander, which, in my mind, is almost like a sort of upgrade. We also feel much better about being on longer stretches of road at one time.

So that was one thing that has taken up some time for us, and the rest has been the same ole stuff with work & school. I am glad I have things to keep me busy, though...it helps keep my mind off of things I have no control over, like this adoption wait!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Our weather is getting warmer, down here in the South. As I was walking into work this morning, something about the way it felt outside caused me to have a flashback to highschool. It was right about now (maybe a tad bit later, depending on the weather) in the school year that we all started wearing shorts. Shorts, you say?? Yes, I say that now...and our parents all thought we were crazy. But we wore shorts w/ long sleeved shirts. I guess it was our way of rushing the summer to get here...whatever it was, the flashback caused me to smile this morning.

And then it dawned on me that just a few days ago, I caught myself going through my closet, fingering through all my pretty summer skirts, wondering when would be the earliest I could get away with wearing some of them. But back in highschool, it was kinda cool to be the first to be brave enough to break out the summer clothes before Spring even got here. Now, though? I work with pretty fashion-forward people these days, and I probably won't pull out my summer skirts till the "proper" time. Don't want to commit a fashion faux pas!! But in having this memory, I guess I just realized that I'm not all that different than I was 10 and 15 years ago...I'm just a little bit more grown up version.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It's crazy to think how quickly time is passing - Seems like yesterday was New Year's Day, and we are now almost to March! I do like this time of year, though. I've never looked forward to the heat of summer - more, I'm just looking forward to the cool warmness of Spring and all the possibilities and growing experiences that await!