We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Monday, January 22, 2007
And the Winner Is...
...Debbie! (And my sister, Sarah!)

Debbie was the first to guess that the names Heathcliff & Cathy come from the book, Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë. So Debbie - pick out a pair of earrings & I'll send them to you!

Cheryl, your guess was really creative! Good try - and somehow, the cheesiness of your guess probably is a testament to N & my cheesiness as a couple??

But it was Sarah who figured out WHY I named the 2 dogs Heathcliff & Catherine. In the book, the 2 characters are described as "soul mates" - and Heathcliff is the dark & brooding type (the classic Byronic hero). Honestly, most of the Byronic qualities do not fit MY Heathcliff's personality - but I didn't necessarily know that at the time...and going by appearances, MY Heathcliff had the dark appearance, and also like Brontë's Heathcliff, MY Heathcliff tagged along after the other dog and seemed eager to please her (much like how Brontë's Heathcliff tagged after Catherine, etc.).

Anyway, now that you're thoroughly confused, I will say that Sarah did not actually type her answer in my blog (not even sure if she reads it...) but I told her about the question I asked in the post about Heathcliff, and she immediately told me WHY I named the dogs Heathcliff and Catherine, and after promising me that I had NEVER told her that, asked for her pair of earrings...

Hmmmm.....

So I guess she wins a pair of earrings, too.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

On to other things...who is out there? I get 40+ hits a DAY on this blog (sometimes as many as 80), and usually have the same commenters. I'm curious who else reads on a regular basis. I know it's not feasible to comment on EVERY post I write (because goodness knows I don't have the time to comment on everyone else's blog every day) ... but here's your chance to come out of hiding & let me know you read!

Have a GREAT day!!! And again, Congrats to my 2 winners!!! (jury is still out on whether Sarah will get her earrings...let's see if she comments on this post!)
11 Comments:
Blogger Suz said...
I'm here Melissa! Yay for Debbie winning the earrings :o) I'm sure she'll post a picture of herself wearing her new earrings on her blog (hint-hint Deb!)

Blogger Jenni said...
Hello! I've recently discovered your blog and thought I'd come out of "lurking."

I love Wuthering Heights - one of my favorite books!

Best of luck on your adoption journey!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Missa...

I don't think y'all are cheesy at all! I was just trying to think up of something creative...personally I think y'all are sweet & romantic! Guess I'm just "cheesy" at heart *LOL*

Blogger Deb said...
:o) Thanks Suz for the hint. I suppose I may have to post a picture of my winnings.
Thanks Melissa.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Melissa,
I am praying for you daily and checking on you often. This part of the journey was the hardest for me so you are always on my heart.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Hey Melissa,

Okay so I am probably one of the ones that checks your website daily. I love keeping up with you guys this way. We miss everyone in T-town and glad to hear everything is going well with you guys. I hope you guys get news soon about your new addition!!

Tori

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Ok I give. As a mother, I check almost every day. We Nana's are like that! I really enjoy reading and being so computer dumb, it's fun to be able to tell people that my son and daughter-in-law are soooo smart!!

Blogger Leah said...
I check in just about every day.. love how the "blog world" seems to connect people from all over.

Praying you guys get some good news soon!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Well I check it 2 or 3 times a day...just checking for updates...

~cher

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I'm one of the "hitters" - sometimes more than once a day - depends on my work load - We know one day you'll have the news we are waiting for on it! love sis

Blogger Allison said...
I usually check once or twice a week. We're both with CHI and we both sent our dossiers in the same week, so I feel like we're going through the process together. Can't wait to hear the good news that you have a referral. Good luck!
Allison