We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Saturday, December 30, 2006
Closet Cleaning...Cleaning out Closets
I am a pretty organized person. I'll be curious to know how this is going to change -- or be modified, at the very least -- when we have another little mess-maker living under our roof. But back to being organized. I love to organize & reorganize closets. I love efficiency. Nathan loves efficiency, but he hates cleaning out closets.

Once every few months, this bug will bite me and I will go through every closet we have and update places for its contents.

For instance, my extensive collection of gift wrap, bows, gift boxes, and bags has been through 3 different closets in our house. I think it is finally at its final destination. But getting it there also involved moving all my craft supplies a few times. Now they are in their final destination. But even so, every few months, I have to pull out each closet and rearrange it...I like to think of it as taking inventory.

So the reason I am posting about this is because the bug bit me last Wednesday. Since then, I've been through 3 closets, with really only one more to go (my gift wrap closet got an overhaul as I was wrapping gifts this month). Oh, also, I (with N's help) went through the attic this morning and grouped like-boxes together to make room for other boxes when they need to go up.

(There's the reason Nathan hates this 'bug' so much...because he usually gets stuck helping me!)

So anyway, this morning, we finally made plenty of room in Little One's closet. This closet has been the keeper of all Nathan's clothes, but since we seem to be acquiring more and more things for Little One, we finally had to do a massive reorganization of that closet. This massive reorganization involved moving all of Nathan's clothes to another closet...and I'm pretty sure that this closet will be the final destination of his clothes.

I guess you all can now join Nathan in rolling your eyes and making fun of me. But I'll have the last laugh...Notwithstanding the fact that I don't have expensive organization systems in our closets, I bet I've got some of the most orderly closets in the Southeast. Eat THAT, Martha Stewart!! :)

Now...back to work!!
5 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Well...you get your organizational skills from your Aunt Cheryl...we KNOW you didn't get them from your Mom or Mamaw *LOL* J/K Lin!!! They've made fun of me for a long time b/c of that & my yard sales...

~Cher

Blogger Melissa said...
Ha...you see, that's just it! I am a good combination between the two of you. I don't like clutter, but still there are very many things that I absolutely refuse to get rid of! In fact, about once a year, I resolve to clean out all my old keepsakes from when I was a teenager (they're in the attic, of no use to anyone!) but as I begin to go through them, I end up putting them right back in the box to keep. :)

I imagine that the house/life will get more cluttered once Little One comes home... it'll just be interesting to see how I handle it! :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I do the same thing. Dave laughs at me when I really start to clean (which I am doing this weekend). I make this huge mess by pulling everythihng out and then organize and put it back.
Glad you enjoyed your closet cleaning.

Blogger Suz said...
My hubby kept everything in V's closet too until last summer. He was relegated to the hall coat closet :o( Can you tell we lack closets in this house. What did people used to do??!! Our house was build in the mid-70's; I know people had more than just a couple suits of clothes back then. I know my Mama did!

That's too funny! I cleaned out my closet this weekend! We are nesting, my friend :)