We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Monday, November 27, 2006
It's Amazing...
...how much energy one has after one has a good workout. The "one" I am referring to is myself. I have been a slacker lately. Well, actually more than lately. I guess it's been about a year now that I've been out of my workout routine, and the way I feel is really showing it.

Just a teenineey bit of background -- as a highschool/early college student, I stayed quite active and quite thin. After Nathan & I got married, I got happy & lazy and gained quite a bit of weight...and I spent the first few years of our marriage pretty overweight. When Nathan went overseas, I took the opportunity to get quite a bit of weight off, and for about 3 years, I was a workoutaholic.

But then last year rolled around. I won't go into all that we did last year at this time, in terms of infertility stuff...but even though I knew it was okay for me to workout, I still felt the need to take it easy. That was in...November, I believe. Then my RE found something that I needed surgery for (I'm being vague and sparing you from the details b/c some people just don't really want all that "TMI" stuff...if you want details, holler at me and I'll be glad to hook you up... anyway -), and he said it really shouldn't wait. So in December, I went into surgery...he told me to take it easy for about a week or so, and then he put me on birth control pills to help me heal up. Those of you who know me IRL may have heard me say it, but I'll say it again for those of you who have never heard me speak...I HATE birthcontrol pills. With a passion. With MORE than a passion. Doctors say they don't make you irritable, and they don't make you gain weight, and all that stuff. But I tell you (and yes, I admit, this could be a result of 'it's all in my head'), they have an effect on me. December was a somewhat depressing month for me last year. This time of year is my absolute favorite, and I let everything get me down last year...and ended up having a very difficult time getting into the spirit of the season. So the combination of the hormones I took in November, the hiatus from the gym in November and December, the hormones (bc pills) I took in December, and the fog of depression I was in just got me out of my routine....and I never could quite get back into the routine. So over this past year, I gained weight. And gained. And gained.

But my slacker-self has decided to call it quits. I am proud to announce that I am no longer a slacker! It's amazing what a good workout will do for a person's stress levels, and since life is full of stress...if a workout will take care of some of that, then why NOT get back in the routine??
---------------------------------------------------------------

On to other things...we still don't know the status of our paperwork...we're hoping that it is safely in Russia right now. I'm curious to know how much longer till our dossier is registered in Vlad, but I guess we'll know something when we know it. It's kinda interesting to think about where things are...it's amazing to think that last year, at this time, I was bummed and this year, I am well on my way to being a mom! Also related to the topic of adoption, we received a grant! It's amazing to witness how God works. Just when we begin worrying about how in the world we are going to pay for some of the rest of our costs, He answers our prayers and we receive some help. Here, I should also say a huge "thank you" to you, our friends and family, who have given us support in so many ways -- whether it be monetary, emotional, or through prayer. We really do appreciate it. And thank God for all of you!
---------------------------------------------------------------

We had a fantastic Thanksgiving...we spent a few days in North Alabama, visiting family. It was so refreshing to see everyone!! I am so thankful for all of our family...they are all so wonderful. I know that a "thankful" post is a little overdue, but our family is really just the best you could ask for. And it really was so nice to see everyone.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Our house is all decorated and ready to go for Christmas...we worked on getting our tree and other Christmas decorations up Saturday evening and Sunday afternoon. As I've mentioned, this is my FAVORITE time of the year...and when I have them available, I'll post some pictures for your viewing pleasure. :)
---------------------------------------------------------------

And one more announcement before my brain is empty. If you are not finished with your Christmas shopping, don't forget to visit my website, http://www.princessandthebee.com! There's still time to order and still receive things by Christmas. If you're like me and haven't even STARTED your shopping, stop by and get started!! :)
---------------------------------------------------------------

Now...I'm going to sign off for now. Sorry for this post being so disjointed...I guess there was just quite a bit to update you on! More later! Love to all...
2 Comments:
Blogger Elle said...
I totally know where you are coming from. Sounds like our stories are a bit similar. I too had surgery last November and the doc started me on BCP. I hated it for the first 3 months. Now a year later and expired perscription I miss them. They made me so much less irratable.

Blogger ~Telah said...
Thanks Melissa for the beautiful necklace sets! They were a huge hit with my sister and nieces! Thanks again for the great service and fast delivery.