We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Friday, November 17, 2006
**This Just In**
A portion of an email sent to us by our agency:

______________________________________________________
Dossier Sent!

I am happy to report that your dossier has been sent to Russia. Congratulations! You are one step closer to your child or children.


______________________________________________________

Once the documents arrive in Russia, they'll be translated, first. My question is...how long does it typically take to translate documents?? Seems like a lot of stuff to wade through, but what do I know? I'm no translator! :)
6 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Melissa,
How exciting! I can't remember the exact time it took for translating. It didn't seem too long before we had a referral. I wasn't ever good at keeping track be/c I didn't want to stress myself out. It would be nice if you had a referral in Dec. A little Christmas miracle! I'll be thinking good thoughts and sending up some prayers it goes quickly.

Blogger Laura said...
Congratulations! hopefully, you will not have a long wait.
Laura

Blogger Deb said...
Congratz on being in translation. I hope it goes fast.

Blogger Elle said...
Congrats. I couldn't tell you on how long the translation takes. From sending our paperwork to the agency to referral was 8 days the first time around, but we were with a much smaller agency than CHI. 1 translator and not many families. So we are an exception rather than the rule.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Congratulations! Our dossier must have been sent in the same shipment as yours. Hoping we both hear good news soon.
Allison (another CHI family)
P.S. It usually only takes a few weeks at the most to translate the entire dossier and register it in your region.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Congrats on being one step closer. I cant wait to see you and Nathan bring your darling child home.