We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Sunday, November 12, 2006
I'm Home!!
And BOY am I tired!

We got home yesterday afternoon, after a really great & refreshing conference! Nathan was at Drill, so I had a little time to decompress and relax before he got home last night. I thought I'd share a few pictures from last week. My camera is on its deathbed, so I didn't get that many pics...but I thought y'all might enjoy seeing what I've got!

Oh, by the way -- on the adoption front, our dossier should be on its way to Russia at some point on Friday! Hooray!!

Here are my pics:

This is from our room. We stayed at the Mariott Marquis in downtown Atlanta...and my room was on the 37th floor. It was just a cool, awesome hotel...it was completely "indoor" and had elevators that were glassed-in...which made me woozy everytime we shot up to our floor! But it was VERY nice...I recommend it if you're ever in downtown ATL! By the way, does this make anyone else think of Star Wars??? It may be that you'd have to've been there...but this was very Star Wars-esque to me. Ya know, when the Senate (or whatever it's called) is depicted?? Anyway...that's what it seemed like to me...



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And then Friday afternoon, my friend, Kris came to ATL from Ft. Benning...we ate a late lunch @ the CNN Center and walked around Centennial Park. Her daughter, M, also came along and we all had a great visit!!

Here are 2 pictures -- the first is of Me, Kris, & her daughter, M:




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



And one of me & Kris, as taken by M:


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

So that's it for now! Nathan marched in a Veteran's Day parade yesterday...I didn't get to go, but his sister, Kristy, went...and if I can finagle some pictures out of her, I'll try to post a couple! Time for bed!! Goodnight! :)

3 Comments:
Blogger Elle said...
glad you had a great time!

Blogger Deb said...
Glad you had a good trip. Sounds like a great conference and a cool hotel.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
and next time you'll notify your mom & dad of the time & place of the Veteran's Day parade so they can be there, right? :o) After all, Nathan is our favorite son-in-law! Well actually, he is currently our only son-in-law, however if your sister can find a fella as wonderful as Nathan we'll have 2 favorite sons-in-law!