We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Friday, October 20, 2006
Another call in to the Secretary of State....
We officially have everything we need, save for our 171-H, for our dossier...so Nathan and I were planning to take a ride to Montgomery next week to go ahead & have the docs we've gathered apostilled. Before I asked off, I thought it would be a good idea to call & make sure how much it costs to have these documents apostilled. Good thing I did! In the great state of Alabama, it costs $5/per document! Wow! I've counted and we have approximately 45 documents to have done...you do the math! Glad I called first, I can tell you that much...

Whew, guess the Secretary has to make money somehow?!?
1 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Isn't it amazing how much money you spend apostilling?! Some states have a "cap" of $100 which is nice considering how much $$ is spent for an international adoption. Enjoy the day you have all of that done. When you have the official state stamps it's an exciting feeling. And once you send it off it you feel like your work is done and it's all in God's hands. Praying things go smoothly for you all.